Goce's 06 twin turbo diesel peugeot

I am glad that you are having fun with it after all the work you put in!
Congrats.
-brino

How did it go for changing the oil filter. It seemed like it was going to be tricky to avoid getting oil on top of the engine.
Yes i did replace the oil filter, i left the car overnight in the garage, and the oil filter housing drain, no mess simply unscrew it remove the cartridge, pop new one change the seal on the cover and torqe it to 25Nm.

I've been daly driving this car for more than a month, having A/C in the summer is nice. So far its been good to me, the gearbox has its hard shifts when warm at low speed, i'm hoping another oil flush will fix it last one made a big difference, otherwise performance is great you can definitely feel the 440 Nm of torque, other then the tires at speed its eerily quiet, i've found myself many times now looking at the speedo in disbelief i'm i really going that quickly. You can see i'm not afraid to getting it dirty.
IMG_20200625_114550_1.jpg

What transmission? Asin Warner AW80-SC? Changing the fluid should have near zero impact on shift quality. The AW60/80 (and others) have garbage for shift control solenoids. They get sticky when hot. It's a Toyota owned company, they developed this series of boxen and marketed it to everyone. "Don't waste time and money designing an building your own, we'll custom tune this to your application", they said. The only manufacture in the world that didn't use this known POS was.... Toyota.

What transmission? Asin Warner AW80-SC? Changing the fluid should have near zero impact on shift quality. The AW60/80 (and others) have garbage for shift control solenoids. They get sticky when hot. It's a Toyota owned company, they developed this series of boxen and marketed it to everyone. "Don't waste time and money designing an building your own, we'll custom tune this to your application", they said. The only manufacture in the world that didn't use this known POS was.... Toyota.

Yeap that is the gearbox in my car same as many volvos, it does feel like sticking solenoids, i can feel it sometimes get two gears at the same time, its slow to release the lower gear. The oil flash i did made a big difference, the box seams solid no real slip in any gear, just slams first gear when hot and occasionally i could feel it slow down when changing becouse it was grabing two gear at the same time but after the oil flash that has stopped, i want to drive it a bit more before i do one more flash to renew the fluid and get the dark oil out. Toyota knows what is doing, i ask about buying new valve body for the gearbox and it exides what paid for the entire vehicle.

It's not the valvebody, it's just the solenoids. They used a plastic liner inside the bushings that guide the pin. The plastic (PTFE teflon) swells just enough to bind the pins. I have a jig to open the top of the solenoid can, remove the guts, run a reamer through the bushings, and crimp them back together.

Audi to VW, Jaguar/Rover, Chevy/Ford, even BMW/Mini.... everyone used the unit except Toyota and Chrysler/Mercedes. Toyota knew what they were doing when they sold it to everyone else, all right. Now that I have the tooling and my competition is swapping complete valvebodies, it's a very lucrative job.

I've been driving this car less last few weeks, both the little niva and my 605 are putting in work, they are more practical also i'm not afraid to get them dirty on the inside, but the 607 did turn over a round number on the speedo, i had my phone handy so i took this picture.

IMG_20200702_114008.jpg

The 607's is doing good, the temperatures are reaching 40 degrees centigrade but the engine is keeping cold also the A/C is working. last night we had a wind storm and it managed to destroy the entrance door of my house, went to the warehouse bought a new one and the girl there was saying we can deliver it in a week. I looked around they are very busy, so i told her i'll pick it up now, her eyes went wide and ask me you'll put it in that car. A told her no worries, couple of second silence and she said you know the door you chosen has lots of glass and it will stick out a lot. I stopped talking, i wasn't going to argue with her, i put the back seats down and when we slide the door in it had room to spare, the black color really hides how big this vehicle is. Any vehicle is a working vehicle for me, i don't mind getting them dirty or loading them.
IMG_20200731_124715.jpgIMG_20200731_124715.jpgIMG_20200731_124718.jpg

Back