Goce's 06 twin turbo diesel peugeot

Very nice job Goce, just read through the whole thread. Have great respect for your skills thank you for a very entertaining read.
PS my last good read before was your thread on the little Niva , glad that is still ongoing.
Steve

It's time for an update, this car just passed its 3rd yearly safety inspection. i've driven it more and more, especially in the summer heat. Only the cost it's something that is bothering me, not because the cost is high because the pay is low. Fuel prices have gone sky high close to 11$ a gallon for diesel and with its twin turbos it's consuming around 10L/100km, also the insurance is 30% more than others, here insurance is by engine power, anything over 150hp it's the max premium. That said, since the last repairs i haven had to do anything except check tire pressures and fluid levels, its been very reliable and the A/C is cold.
IMG_20220412_191333hhhhhh.jpgIMG_20220519_122653.jpg

Last edited:
How's the transmission doing?
It's not become any worse, since the last fluid replacement its not doing the worst things, only jadering when stop at operating temp, no more hard slamming in gear. I've learn how to take it easy on it when its at temp, it still holds all the power no slip with all 440Nm and sticky 245 width tires.

Another day another scratch, i had a van driver fell asleep with his foot on the gas pedal. I've seen him coming from the right line, i was passing and staying right on the speed limit, because up the road there was a speed trap. The car in front of me put me in a tight spot with no place to go, but once i feel the van touch my bumper i know something is wrong and pulled a right line pass at full trottle, because of that scratches go in two directions. Just around the corner the speed trap with two police vehicles was standing so i slam my brake and pulled over to alert them. Just as i unbelted my seatbelt, i seen the police man walking towards me smiling and at a second his face turned white and scared. Looked at my rearview mirror and seen the van pushing the car i just passed sideways and they both passed me and crashed in one of the police cruisers. It was on of the loudest crashes i've been at. The police men stood there for a solid minute in skocked. I imidetly got out and run over both drivers seam fine and got them out, the passenger in the car had a broken foot so the police called an ambulance. One of the paramedics ask me do i think the van driver is on something, i told him looks like he fell asleep. Then he pointed to me his eyes, and told the officers he may be on drugs. At that point i've already given my statement, and ask the officer can i leave, he said yes. I was gone in minutes. That side of my car has a scratch from an incident on the highway some time ago but once i seen there may be drugs involved, i did care about the damage.
IMG_20220705_171306.jpgIMG_20220705_171311.jpg

Wow glad you were not hurt. Good thinking and driving Goce.

Thank you for caring. Ask anyone has driven in the balkans, a person need 4 eyes open when driving, especially as much driving as i do i've learn to drive in one of the best and worse places.

The peugeot 607 is the vehicle I always wanted to buy but was afraid of the costs it would cause. If I find a clean sample, I will definitely join you.

Back