Goce's 06 twin turbo diesel peugeot

Bump-bump downshifts above 30 mph hot
Part throttle downshift bang
Flares during up-shifts and kick-down
Rough coast downshifts
All of those apply, it only happens when the gearbox is hot, i could not find price on that kit.
My gearbox is not throwing any codes, i've scan it with proper diagnostic for it.
IMG_20210208_143645.jpg

They often don't set codes because it does get the gear ratio it wants within the allotted time, just not cleanly.

The kits are bloody expensive for what they are. High volume wholesale is close to $100. The job consists of cutting the top off of the solenoid by grinding away the top rolled crimp. Remove the armature, clean, run a reamer through the bushing (they give you a drill bit), clean really well, assemble and press the replacement cap on the end. I use glue (loctite), too.

I can get you the exact diameter of the drill bit tomorrow. And a price. With a lathe you can make the caps yourself. The cap has to be non-magnetic.

I'm seriously considering that, but on the other hand i've never worked on a automatic gearbox, here automatics are a minority and we do not have any transmission repair shops espacily for cars. If i make a big mistake i'll have a non operational car, no part supplier to get a replacement valve body. I'll probably do like the rest, drive it till it brakes then fix it. Some one with a good network of parts suppliers and knowledge can really prospered and make some money because with newer vehicles the demand is there but nobody to do the work, in fact even to get a clutch change on a standard is getting hard, you must twist mechanics hand and you always get overcharged.

Parts are available in the US and the UK. I don't know what customs hoops are required to ship them in. I was spot on on the kit price. $97. Solenoids are available for about $50 each. Here in the US. I'll fire an email off to a friend in Ireleand and ask if he has a good contact in the UK.

The good news is on the TF80 you can remove the solenoids without removing the entire valve body. It's just a matter of getting enough room to remove the cover. The reamer is 0.158", better know in the rest of the world as 4mm.

Maybe you can find a broken or wrecked transmission to salvage a spare set of solenoids from.

Got a response. His recommendations are:

Go onto sussexautos.com or automaticchoice.com as both operate in the UK and in Europe.

Randy, thank you, i've checked both sites, they have lots of useful information and detail diagrams of the gearbox. The idea about getting a spare valve body before i take it apart is what i'll do. I'll start my search for a spare box or broken one, knowing my luck now when i'm searching for one there be none.

I got the windscreen replaced on this car, it was expensive because its heated and has rain sensor, it's almost identical but the new one has dark blue tint on the top. On another note i also got to a round number on the mileage, but this time i was parked when i took the picture.
IMG_20210307_13423733.jpgIMG_20210304_114231.jpgIMG_20210307_134249.jpgIMG_20210304_113844.jpg

This vehicle has given me trouble free daily commuting since the last cooling repairs in the winter. We are having record setting heat waves coming thru and it's been keeping up just fine working A/C is a bonus also the torque is very addictive, from the factory they are rated at 440 Nm of torque, but i've driven couple more peugeot with the same engine and my car seems to be much more aggressive and definitely faster, i'm starting to suspect perhaps it has some sort of tune or remapped done. I tried using summer tires, installed a used set of michelins it just spins by the time traction control kicks in and the boost drops off it leaves 2-3 metre long lines on the road, 2 weeks of that the michelins had almost no thread left, so i switched back to russian all seasons tires, they have good traction but are loud.
IMG_20210715_111842.jpg

Little update, i've been using this car almost every day especially in the summer. I did put a new set of winter tires, the old one still has thread but they started to fall apart, i did install the same make and model as i took off. Before i start taking the little niva apart i drove it out and put the 607 over the inspection pit to do an oil change. This time i bought some italian oil that supposed to be very good quality. The old oil filter had started to leak on its seal and the engine's middle was full of oil i did took the time to chiffon as much as i could. Also recently if passed its second inspection and registration, no dramas passed with flying colors.
IMG_20211020_173340.jpgIMG_20211125_121142.jpgIMG_20211125_121012.jpgIMG_20211125_121154.jpgIMG_20211125_123958.jpg

Back