Goce's 06 twin turbo diesel peugeot

Jim, thanks for the advice, no place around here has tools like that. But i've been wanting a tool like that for couple of years ever since i've seen one used on youtube, so i decided to make me one, i've ordered me a Pneumatic Vacuum Generator and couple of 1/4 ball valves i'll put the link at the bottom for the vacuum generator It was like 5$ shipped.

Today the new seals arrived, and of course the company got one wrong, but the two expensive 20$ that they had to make them from voltron are good, you can see the compared to the ones i replaced. I did installed them but i still have to wait for the small one for the thermostat housing.

IMG_20210127_195709.jpgIMG_20210127_195717.jpgIMG_20210127_220550_1.jpg

Today i spent many many hours working on the 607, managed to install the new seals and the rest of the cooling system, pressure tested it, it holds but i'm still losing pressure somewhere, i've looked everywhere, could not find it, it may be so small that doesn't count. i let it warm up and open the thermostat, took it for a short drive and finally my inspection pit not occupant.
IMG_20210129_154501.jpgIMG_20210129_170435_1.jpgIMG_20210129_172058.jpg

The 607 seems to be holding its coolant, but is shifting kinda hard when hot, the first oil change helped very much, so couple of months back i bought 8 liters of new gearbox oil and waited till i build the pit and finally today i did two gear box oil flashes, the oil that came out first was black, the new oil should help. I need to order me a windscreen for it, it's a tented, heated with a rain sensor so its going to be expensive.
IMG_20210208_130801.jpgIMG_20210208_130813.jpg

Over the years I've had thousands (literally) of automatic transmissions apart. I have yet to see one with a fluid color sensor. The red dye turns dark with age. The transmission really does not care.

I see very few of that particular version. XC90 Volvos, mostly, though Ford did use it for a few years. We see more of the 60 series. Mostly VW. They seem to be pretty solid, except for the solenoids. Those things like to get draggy. The armature pin runs in teflon lined bushings. It seems the teflon lining swells a smidge, and starts causing shift feel issues. As long as the solenoids are addressed when the they start acting up, all is good. It's when people keep driving it with sliding and banging shifts that internal parts get damaged.

I guess I don't need to ask what the Peugeot uses... :)

Yeah, the aisin TF-80sc, the engine is made in corporation with ford, and uses ford bearings, seals and some of the sensors. My transmission has that issue, when hot the valves are sticking, causes the car to jolt when coming to a stop like some one is downshifting thru the gears, also some times grabs first gear rader hardly that often makes my foot to press the gas pedal and i do a 1 metre burnout till traction control kicks in. I've read on one forum that the max torque for that box is 440 Nm and just happens peugeot rate my engine at 440 Nm any truth?

Diesels are not popular here. And Peugeot tucked tail and left about 30 years ago. So high torque is not something we see here. That unit is in the V8 Volvos and a Ford mini van.

What you are describing is classic solenoid issues. Some replace the entire valve body with new solenoids. But it is not necessary. There are also rebuilt solenoids out there. Cheaper, but still a lot when there are six of them. Trans-go makes a simple to install kit. It gets some bad press, but I really think it's caused by sloppy installation. Your skills are well to the task.

See if the description matches your driving faults.

PS I use those kits to rebuild the solenoids, and throw away the other bits. The problems are int he solenoids sticking.

Back