Gonna Be a HOT one!

I live at 6100 feet on the Continental Divide in Montana. 20 years at this home and have never seen 100. We have not had a day reach 90 this summer. Two days ago we had frost on the roof of the house in the morning. Last night was 44 degrees. Nights are cool and days are warm. Summers here are great.
BUT, we pay dearly for it in the winter.

D

I just read from the top, my stepson lives in mountain view now, 1m+ 60 year old house, he can't handle his hometown weather when he comes home. We put in a split AC for when the kids come home to visit, but my wife seems to think it's for her now. :rolleyes:

Had a lil break yesterday, didn't quite hit 100°. But today, back to 109°! :faint: Today is supposed to be the hottest of the week but 106° for the next 2 days ain't much better! Says feels like 111°, yeah right, I just went to pick up an order from MSC & I thought my parts were going to melt! It felt like 130°! My sweat was sweating!

Ok I don't actually know what 130° feels like, hope I never do. Speaking of which, a day or 2 ago, Death Valley set a record for highest reliable temperature ever recorded which was 130°. They are also saying it may be the highest temp ever reliably recorded on Earth. What in the US & in CA? I figured there would be other places that got hotter than Death Valley. There were higher temperatures recorded in the early 1900s but they say those temps were questionable.

Screenshot_20200818-145914.jpg

Last edited:
Sweltering 85* here till 3 PM, high 70s tonight.....

We hit 90 for the first time this summer yesterday. Stayed around 60 all night and got to just over 80 today with light cloud cover. 14 percent humidity. We call that a heat wave.

I think 90 is almost unbearable. I don't know how you guys survive that kind of heat and humidity. I truly I would end up in the ER in heat like that.

D

High was only supposed to be 79 today but it hit 84. We had the windows open last night because it got down to 59. On another note were are pouring tomorrow. :encourage:

We hit 107 yesterday
We have so much smoke from a local fire that has reduced projected temps into the high 90’s

Back