Got my Pratt steel chuck

No, a good 4 jaw is easier to adjust. I have 2 Rohm 4 jaw independent chucks that are a dream to adjust because their tolerances are very tight, yet they allow smooth movement. I own 2 Sherline 4 jaw chucks and those adjust to zero without much trouble at all. I suspect a lot of guys think a 4 jaw is a 4 jaw and there isn't much difference ... it ain't so. I used to own a Yuasa 4 jaw that for some reason was a challenge to use. It was new and felt smooth but it took so much longer to dial things in. Never did like that chuck.

I don't own a Pratt 4 jaw but I'm not surprised it works well for you.

Aw, jeez, I thought I was getting good, now I find out it's the equipment making me look good. :rolleyes: :grin:

It makes a difference, find the quality, buy it, it will make you look good, and make life easier,,,,FACT.

Last edited:
I struggle with art, stick figures don't even look right, but being able to get something into a shape you need, and on"a semblance of accurate" with less effort seems like a good deal. I'm using an .001 dial indicator most of the time, and my eye can see when it needs finer tuning. I don't work for NASA, so sometime close IS good enough, NASA has to wait a bit.....The better the equipment, the better the results. Hope it makes sense.....

Come to Hawaii and you can have it any way you like. As for me, I just want to see your farm and sample some Peach Cobbler!
Would LOVE to have you! Come on!!!

LOL, I'm just barely at apprentice hack level, the true legends are walking the hallways on this site.:encourage:

LOL, I'm just barely at apprentice hack level, the true legends are walking the hallways on this site.:encourage:
I've applied to be an apprentice hack. The jury is still out. :grin:

Thanks for this. Looks and acts like my SIL, who delivers for OnTrac

Haha. Oh man, Ontrac is by far the worst carrier I have ever experienced deliveries from. Maybe it was just in my area or cause they had no what they were doing back then but I'm so glad Amazon stopped using them. Zoro still uses them but I don't order from them much anymore.

Back