Grizzly G0670 16x40 Taiwan Variable Speed Lathe

Bill where have you been hiding lately? That's good to know regarding the BXA tool holders. I wonder if the Dorian BXA will fit the Aloris.
Dorian BXA fits Aloris BXA and vice versa. Shars and phase II fits both as well.

Dorian and Aloris BXA toolposts have the same size/shape dovetails, and the dimensions of the QCTP are the same (2.75" high, 3" square on a side).

Last edited:
Dorian BXA fits Aloris BXA and vice versa. Shars and phase II fits both as well.

Dorian and Aloris BXA toolposts have the same size/shape dovetails, and the dimensions of the QCTP are the same (2.75" high, 3" square on a side).

You guys are EVIL...ah what I meant to say was cool now I can start buying Dorian tool holders and 3/4 inch tools and new larger inserts (Coolidge looks at tmarks, Bill, begins tossing what looks like voodoo ingredients into a large boiling caldron)

Hey Coolidge, didn't think I'd be missed.
While you were gone, the rest of us had to work overtime to try to make Coolidge buy stuff.

Now that you are back, we can all relax, because i know you will take up the slack.

I mean, see what happened while you were gone? Coolidge decided NOT to buy a $19k lathe. If you had been here, I am sure you could have talked him off that cliff...

Now where was that picture of the Haas SL20 that I had....

Sorry...my gaming 'puter went down so I had to get a new one and get it all set up. :)

Thought I might pull off a miracle the other day but it was not to be. A 16x37 Lagun Republic lathe came up for sale across town, 10hp motor, 12+ Aloris tool holders and Aloris QCTP, DroPro's EL400 DRO, VFD...for...wait for it...$3,500 dang. I pounced on it as did a couple other people but the seller decided not to sell and took down the ad :bawling:

That is just plain dishonest. Post something for sale, then when multiple people come to buy it he decides not to.
Sounds like he figured out he was selling to cheap.
He'll probably offer to sale it again later, for more.

To be fair he said the lathe had sat for months not used, then out of the blue he got a big job in for it after he posted it for sale. As for the price yes it did appear to be under priced.

Hey Coolidge, the Grizzly G0670 is $1000 off (pays for the RPC you will need), still in the market for a bigger lathe? If I had the space and the need, this would probably be the model I would go for.....dream on. I have a $25 off shipping that I will be happy to share to help offset some of the shipping cost. http://www.grizzly.com/products/16-X-40-Electronic-Variable-Speed-Lathe/G0670

The Grizzly annual printed catalog shows it as "$1000 off".

So is it really "$1000 off" when Grizzly, who sets their own MSRP, provides it at a "discounted rate" that lasts for an entire year?

That is sort of like the ubiquitous "going out of business sales" some furniture stores are fond of using to reel in the unsuspecting.

Back