Group Project: Dividing Head - The Build

Looking forward to seeing this project come to fruition.

Yeah, Solidworks. Our vault at work has been updating nearly a week, don’t want to get into it but my boss deserves a medal for his patience. And ya think for what it costs their utilities ought to actually work.

I worked for a year to put the design for the Dyke Delta in a CAD package that was "free". This was back in 2003 or so. Then they cancelled the "free" version and made it time out so that you couldn't use it anymore. And, now I've gone and done the same thing with Solidworks. Somehow, I'm questioning my sanity. If only the open-source options weren't so bad.

BTW, I'm halfway through the second set of clamps. I bought a 20yr old motorhome, that has eaten a lot of time, and the cold is hitting me harder than it ever used to. But, I'm getting there. Should have a good session this Saturday morning. I am starting to feel the itch for upgraded machines. :)

Last edited:
I need to get on with my part. Just a bit afraid of messing it up.

I bought a little 7” shaper and i think this diving head would suite the shaper pretty well.

I am far behind as well. Its been very cold here so its hard to get in the shop lately here as well.

It is good to see y'all chiming in. I was ascared this thread was stalled out. I am ready and able to proceed! I am only working 2 days a week now!

Im wanting to get moving but these 0 degree nights make it hard to go into the shop. I was able to get it cleaned and organized good though!

What do you mean by zero degree nights? As in a straight line? Or would that be 180 degrees? Laying flat instead of standing? That could be called zero degrees.

Idk how to get the degree symbol on my phone lol so yea temperature has been single digits to 0 lately

Edit: i just found how to do 0°!!

Oh come on, it doesn't get that cold in the US. If it did, every one would move!

Back