Group Project: Dividing Head - The Build

Oh come on, it doesn't get that cold in the US. If it did, every one would move!
My aunt/uncle just moved to Saskatoon a few years ago (from SoCal!). I know, I TOO am appalled that people would choose to live somewhere that cold! So if folks are willing to live there....

To note: As I type this, it is -23F/-31C in Saskatoon, and today will have a high of 3F/-16C.

• Wow
Reactions: rwm
I'm surprised the electrons can move in your internet...

My problem is the cold, so much as the switch up. It's been below freezing a lot lately. Yesterday, it warmed up to a rainy 70 degree day. The wife left the garage door open, and I came out to soaking wet lathe and bench mill. The condensation was as if everything had a hose turned on it.

Woo Hoo
I finally got my 3D printer back running last night.
I ended up getting a new main board and all new TMC2209 drivers.
It is printing a calibration plot now.
With the new drivers all of the steppers were running backwards, I had to go into the config.h file and find the direction controls to reverse all of them.
It is well known that these drivers make the steppers quieter than the stock ones, But WOW, This thing is now dead silent while printing. I like it.

Once the calibration process is done one of the first things on the list will be the printed tooling to finish the sectors.

I was wondering about this group project. I still have to finish the slots. How is everybody doing?

Here is what I have been sitting on:

image.jpg

• Love
Reactions: rwm
It is warm in the shop again, and I've got a three day weekend. I made a small amount of progress on the large clamps, but now with a bunch of honeydews out of the way, I'm set to really dig in again.

I was wondering what was going on.

I’m still afraid to destroy this material I have but I think I need to just go for it

Back