Group Project: Dividing Head - The Build

Is this group project still happening?

I am still in. Some of us have already made parts. If we can't move forward as originally planed, I would still be interested in exchanging parts.

I've still been working on parts. The thing that has been slowing me down is upgrading equipment so that I can make parts that I won't be ashamed to share.

I am also still in. I have finally got my 3D printer repaired to make some tooling needed for the part I am working on. I have the holders printed but have to do a bit of machining on them to get them ready to use. I also have to make the special clamps to hold the part down. Once I get to it I plan to have some pics. I will not have much time to work on it until the weather goes cold.

I have to finish milling the slots in the spindles.

I plan to finish one of these under any circumstance. I feel like the most challenging part will be hobbing the gear. I may start with that and see what I can come up with.

I plan to finish one of these under any circumstance. I feel like the most challenging part will be hobbing the gear. I may start with that and see what I can come up with.
Yeah, I got stuck at the hobbing :/ I was able to make the blanks and the other parts, but couldn't get the hobber to work.

I AM working on an automatic gear hobber project at the moment though :)

Yeah, I got stuck at the hobbing :/ I was able to make the blanks and the other parts, but couldn't get the hobber to work.

I AM working on an automatic gear hobber project at the moment though :)
That's great! Please fill us in on what the difficulties are and consider starting a thread of your hobber.

Back