H.A.M.B

I took off the inside flange for now, I'll see how that goes, if not it will be both. Tack welding is not fitting well, so I'm going to use Cleco fasteners next. Don't think I'll get to the 9s with 28" tires, and that would need a 10 point cage, high 130s possibly

I took off the inside flange for now, I'll see how that goes, if not it will be both. Tack welding is not fitting well, so I'm going to use Cleco fasteners next. Don't think I'll get to the 9s with 28" tires, and that would need a 10 point cage, high 130s possibly
What gear, 390/411. 10 point anyway.

3.5:1 for the street my Richmond is a 3.27 first gear, and for the track the GF5R is 2.98 for a 10.5 starting line ratio. My final is 1:1 no OD the 4.10 that I do have would make the cruising RPM a little high.

3.5:1 for the street my Richmond is a 3.27 first gear, and for the track the GF5R is 2.98 for a 10.5 starting line ratio. My final is 1:1 no OD the 4.10 that I do have would make the cruising RPM a little high.
Nice. The 3.5 is nice for cruising.

Back in the day to them is the 80s. They don't know what it was to have had and driven an LS6 Chevy, ( still have a 70 LS6 in the basement) Hemi powered Road Runner, Stage 111 Buick, big block Ford and many many others "back in the day". I don't let that bother me at all, I still enjoy it. Thanks, Charlie
To me back in the days started in the 50's and in the 50's the 30's and 40's were the Street Rods.

Wheel tub sheet metal is giving me fits right now.
Split the inner tub and weld in a strip to move the flange to where it meets the outer tub. I widen well housings that way all the time. Once metal worked and finished, it pretty much looks like the factory did it.

Keep the flange, it adds strength to the well.

Split the inner tub and weld in a strip to move the flange to where it meets the outer tub. I widen well housings that way all the time. Once metal worked and finished, it pretty much looks like the factory did it.

Keep the flange, it adds strength to the well.
I like your solution. It will also add strength to the deck lid hinge support when it's down to the tub.

Back