Help needed for TIG torch selection.

Try on of the welding shops around you and see if they will do a exchange

I just checked the color codes for argon and nitrogen bottles, and they are different. So this won't work so I will rather leave it at that.

I was just at my LWS and asked about colour codes on tanks.
He said there’s absolutely no standard in North America. They paint their tanks grey with distinguishing colour on the neck ring That corroborates what I read on Welding Web where a similar question was asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our leading gas suppliers in South Africa, Afrox, also did not want to exchange the nitrogen tank for argon. The name on the tank is Afrox,so basically it is their property.

For those concerned, I recommend CK Worldwide whole-heartedly. I started out with a BestWelds torch that has vinyl hoses. I was trying to buy a Weld Craft, but they sent me the BestWelds and didn't actually charge me for it. I used it because it was free. The hoses are stiff on a hot day, and much worse as the temperature drops. Trying to move the torch along a bead was so difficult I dipped the tungsten more than I welded. Looked hard at Weld Craft, and wanted one, but they are so expensive. When I found out about CK Worldwide, I checked them out and found that they offered the same torch as Weld Craft, but at about 33% less money. I got the CK torch, in my case a 26, with SuperFlex hoses. I am ecstatic about the torch. The hoses are SO flexible that dipping is practically a thing of the past. Everything else about it is compatible with my old BestWelds, and I'm sure every other 26 torch, so no worries about consumables.
Just my .02.

Chris

I have the CK Flex Loc, it's nice because you can swap to smaller 2 series head for tight spots and its just nicer to work with. However, the whole flex loc isn't the most comfortable or natural to learn on. I honestly go with a flex head of some sort...CK does make nice stuff but they a decent bit more than middle of the road brands. Can I tell the difference? Yeah, but really just in the weight and flexibilty of the hoses it uses. Again, CK is great for both of the above. Look at a CK super flex....

I have a CK 17 flex on my machine. Works great and the flex neck is very useful in tight spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figured out that I like the short tailpiece on a non-flexing head. Good for tight spots too. Can't remember if I got it in a CK parts kit or a stubby kit, either way it was a cheap upgrade.

Back