• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill, I love the look of that. Great work.

Oh Bill, look what you've done now! The base looks like rubbish compared to the new stuff. Serioiusly, dial it back a notch, you're making the rest of us look bad ;)

All kidding aside, WOW! This is starting to look prety sweet. I think it needs a name now. I am going to propose the "Gruby Grinder". Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

Thank you all for the kind words.

The last binder, this one to lock the Mandrel is almost done. A flycutter cut the radius. It doesn't fall out when in place so it's time to drill and tap it them cut it. A better and recognized way to make binders ir to hve them in the part while boring the hole for the mating part. I don't always follow the norm. It makes a project more interesting. :rofl:

"Billy G"

102_0447 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0448 (800 x 531).jpg

Thanks for post #373 Billy. I will need to make cuts like that and my inexperienced brain is thinking I have to find the exact radius end mill. Hadn't considered a fly cutter. Genius! I love this thread and the entire forum.

Dave

Glad I could help Dave. Binders are in and only need the "T-Bar" to help in locking them. That leaves 2 operations and the work head is finished, flute the draw bar nut and do the graduation. I will finish the nut today and that will leave only the graduation to do tomorrow. We will finish this part up before Monday.

"Billy G"

102_0449 (800 x 531).jpg

Sorry Brian, graduations will have to be tomorrow. I tied up all the loose ends today. Other than graduation marks and numbers the work head is finished. I will definitely hit the hay early tonight. It'd been a long day. :))

"Billy G"

102_0451 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0452 (800 x 531).jpg

Nice looking flutes, Bill. You should be able to put plenty of torque on that. Very nice.

It's looking great Bill! This cutter grinder is a lot more involved than i initially thought. It's gonna be a sweet little machine when it's done.:))

Marcel

I gotta tell ya Marcel and the rest of you, it's a lot more involved than I thought also. It's been a challenge for sure. We have been at this since December 1, 2013, that's over seven weeks ago.

"Billy G"

Billy--you get an A for workmanship and work ethic. And thanks for taking and sharing the photos and process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back