• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man thats just awesome right there. I bet all them lines could make a man go cross eyed

If it's OK with you guys, I'm going to take a couple of days away from this project. I need some time off to clear my head before I start the Wheel Head and hear for that light at the end of the tunnel. Been pushing the envelope at this end.

"Billy G" :whiteflag:

If it's OK with you guys, I'm going to take a couple of days away from this project.:whiteflag:

I'm thinking this should be a poll!!!:thumbsup:

Just kidding. You've earned a break. Take the Mrs. To dinner.......she probably hasn't seen much of you lately.

Awesome job on the divisions.

It's better to take a break than to put it away on a shelf and forget about it because you got burned out on it. Been there, done that. It's good to walk away from it for awhile until you feel fresh again.:))

Bill the job looks great! and yes I would step away from it for a few days and catch your breath.

One question how did you lock the spindle to keep the tool in position while cutting the graduations?

Bill the job looks great! and yes I would step away from it for a few days and catch your breath.

One question how did you lock the spindle to keep the tool in position while cutting the graduations?

I wedged the spindle to the front belt cover and prayed real hard. It is still wedged so I will take a picture of the Rube Goldberg set-up. :rofl: I am going to fabricate a spindle lock in the future . Everything went just fine.

"Bill"

102_0460 (800 x 531).jpg

LOL... Good job Bill -love the spindle lock-up mechanism. -Glad to know I'm not the only one that can "get ugly" when necessary. I gotta tell you, marking dials is one of my least favorite tasks...

Ray

I wedged the spindle to the front belt cover and prayed real hard. It is still wedged so I will take a picture of the Rube Goldberg set-up. :rofl: I am going to fabricate a spindle lock in the future . Everything went just fine.

"Bill"

attachment.php?attachmentid=68735&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1390844137.jpg

HACK JOB! :rofl: Looks like something I'd do!

I guess it worked.

Bill I am sitting here laughing....Sorry!

I was waiting for some elaborate clamping system that locked the spindle to the head casting somehow. Sometimes simple is best! Great job!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back