Honeoye mill? Edit possibly Cheng Ki

Investigator

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Found one for sale Honeyo brand, lookalike j head clone. Any info before I jump in blind?

Haven't seen one of that brand (or heard for that matter) if you can, run it and cut with it before you drop cash
and if it passes your inspection and the price is within your comfort zone OK........
One thought that works for me is do I have the means and ability to to make work it in that price range if it goes south
after the buy, the Acra I recently bought had issues that I pointed out to the seller and for the price we agreed on after that it worked out
for me YMMV........ :encourage:

So, 3 phase motor, it looks like power down feed but I'm not sure. Hope the experts here could give some opinions.
The crank handle for the knee is missing. It has a pair of vice grips on the shift. He said it was that way when he got it 10 years ago.

Looks like a worthy machine, not under power so there’s that.

What are they asking and can you do what you want if it’s more worn than you would like?

Standard Bridgeport clone step pulley head should take generic parts so you should be able to fix whatever needs it.

Probably comes down to price.

John

Watching your new shop go up I have no doubt you’ll be able to make this do the job for you. Our new forum sponsor can grind the whole thing if you want and rebuilding the quill if needed should give you a practically new machine.

Is it Taiwan or China?

John

I committed to buy it, even though its not under power. Price was $1500

I like it from my armchair. It definitely has power feed on the quill. The ways don't look too bad from the photos, the table is good and the machine looks like it will clean up nice.

You can get a brand new chrome-plated knee crank on the fleabay for about the cost of a trip through a drive-thru. These clone mills can usually take a lot of Bridgeport replacement parts. A clean up and refresh, a coat of paint, and a x-axis power feed kit should set you on your way!

Project fer sure, I gave one more Benjamin fer mine but it;s a little prettier....................... :encourage:

So, the story: I pretty much thumb through the facebook market place and craigslist everyday for all sorts of things. Today I found the ad for this mill had been posted for sale 3 hours prior to my finding it. I immediately assumed it to be a B'port clone and messaged the seller. We went back a forth for about 30 minutes when I looked at his facebook and realized he was a firefighter, I'm a firefighter. We connected over that a bit. I called and said I wanted to come look at it which he was good with. He says he's had this machine 10 years and its great, everything works, he only took it out because he got a better machine in a deal. I looked at the new machine, a bit larger, power feeds everywhere and DRO's so it makes sense.

2 things really sold me on this machine. The first being he is a newly retired firefighter and I am currently a firefighter. There was a connection from the job that seemed to carry over into a 'no sales pitch' conversation. He said its in good shape and he had no problems with it and I believe him. The second thing was I got to look at his shop, and it was clean and well taken care of. The floor was clean, tools were put away, other machines were not covered up in tools and parts and were in good shape. Looking at the shop I judged him to be someone who takes care of tools and equipment. Those things really made me feel better about it. My own inspection made me feel good too, no drilled holes in the table, no rust anywhere, oil on all the ways, not covered in chips. He showed me the one shot oiler works. I got to turn the handles and feel them all move.

I think i'm going to be happy, going from an RF30 to this. On that note, this one has a lot more levers, going to need some instructions to use 'em all.

Back