Honeoye mill? Edit possibly Cheng Ki

Do you plan to re-add a power feed? If, so, it will include a needle bearing. If not, you can probably get the bearing number from the bracket at the other end of the table. I installed a power feed on my Chinese "Bridgeport clone" PM mill. The bering in mine was a 6204 (20mm ID).

Power feed is on the list of things I would like to have, however I'm not planning on doing it right off the bat. That plan could change though if adding the feed is a less expensive option in some way to fix the missing end, but I don't think it will be.

Really need to get it apart and cleaned and see where I really am.

The X table feed I bought was only $ 117.00 delivered to my door from E-Bay, not a Servo brand by any means
but a decent workable unit even though an import mine works fine and the install was a breeze........

The X table feed I bought was only $ 117.00 delivered to my door from E-Bay, not a Servo brand by any means
but a decent workable unit even though an import mine works fine and the install was a breeze.............

Thats not a bad price at all. What did it come with and what was replaced on the shaft?

The only things not included were the dial, the drive handle and one spacer all of which you can find on E-Bay
the spacer you can make easy enough, look at H&W Machinery repair's U -Tube video on installing it too .......

The only things not included were the dial, the drive handle and one spacer all of which you can find on E-Bay
the spacer you can make easy enough, look at H&W Machinery repair's U -Tube video on installing it too .......

Does it use the same bearing that was on the table?

The unit has a roller bearing in it and a sleeve to adapt it to the lead screw shaft, it also has the mounting flange to attach to the end of the table
and mount the drive unit onto as well as all the shims for setting the clearances.
If you don't have the dial for it you will need to find one or make one and like I said before the vids that H&W machinery repair
post's on U Tube are a LOT of help figgerin it all out............ :encourage:

Of course askin here is also helpfull..........:grin:

The difference between a Servo feed and a Chi-Align feed mostly has to do with the precision of disengagement and coasting past disengagement. When being used manually, this is not an issue. I stop early and hand crank to my end point with the Chi-Align rather than trying to trust the stops. This difference is easy to live with. The Servo is snappier, but functionality and power are about the same for both. I can repair the Servo with available spares, but that's never stopped anybody from wanting to save $800 with a China drive. If I bought a 3rd mill I wouldn't hesitate to go with Chi-Align again.

Looks like a worthy machine, not under power so there’s that.

What are they asking and can you do what you want if it’s more worn than you would like?

Standard Bridgeport clone step pulley head should take generic parts so you should be able to fix whatever needs it.

Probably comes down to price.

John
Kinda made me laugh. "Looks like a worthy machine.
When I was kid, my step dads father was named Worthy. He had a sort of machine sop that I tinkered around in. All of his machines looked like that. All working and under power, but all looking like they needed some TLC.
So yes, it does look like a "Worthy" machine to me.

Back