I ordered a PM-940M-PDF

https://www.amazon.com/Level--Diame...&qid=1467324851&sr=1-1&keywords=leveling+feet

Lathe Foot.jpg

Jerry In Delaware

Hey Subwayrocket, when did you order yours? I ordered mine a while ago, and got an email that they got it and should be shipping soon. It's been over a week, and I still did not get shipping confirmation email. Is that normal? How long does it take to ship?
I went thru my email, I actually placed the order this Wed, 6/29 . I got a tracking # later that day, I got a call today 7/1 that it's arrived here in town, when can they deliver it. It's 4th July weekend so I said Tues . I'm only about 5.5 hrs drive from QMT. Thanks everyone for posting links and pics. I appreciate it ! Can anyone post or pm me some links , I'm looking for a decent face mill 3"+ , a Fly cutter and a boring head. Need the R8 shanks and holders too. Not many of them have good reviews from Shars, BHS, Grizzly. Looking for budget stuff that's semi decent, I dont want to wreck a high end tool while learning but I don't want to waste money on complete garbage either.

Last edited:
The Glacern face mill has been good for me. If you have a lathe, you can make your own fly cutter. I'd consider the Tormach Superfly.

You want a used Criterion boring head. I'd avoid Shars as my 3" boring head with insert tooling leaves a lot to be desired. It works, but isn't as nicely made or as tight as I'd expect for what I paid.

I would look for a boring head with an integral R8 shank. You cannot use the threaded shanks in reverse for boring large diameter holes with right hand tools.

I concur on the Glacern face mills. I have a 2.5" and 4". Awesome tools. Inserts can be had on ebay for 1/3 what they cost here.

Thanks much , I appreciate it. You guys have any links to those recommendations please post. Thanks again !

I went thru my email, I actually placed the order this Wed, 6/29 . I got a tracking # later that day, I got a call today 7/1 that it's arrived here in town, when can they deliver it. It's 4th July weekend so I said Tues . I'm only about 5.5 hrs drive from QMT. Thanks everyone for posting links and pics. I appreciate it ! Can anyone post or pm me some links , I'm looking for a decent face mill 3"+ , a Fly cutter and a boring head. Need the R8 shanks and holders too. Not many of them have good reviews from Shars, BHS, Grizzly. Looking for budget stuff that's semi decent, I dont want to wreck a high end tool while learning but I don't want to waste money on complete garbage either.
Thanks. Just got an email today. It's shipped.

I went thru my email, I actually placed the order this Wed, 6/29 . I got a tracking # later that day, I got a call today 7/1 that it's arrived here in town, when can they deliver it. It's 4th July weekend so I said Tues . I'm only about 5.5 hrs drive from QMT. Thanks everyone for posting links and pics. I appreciate it ! Can anyone post or pm me some links , I'm looking for a decent face mill 3"+ , a Fly cutter and a boring head.

I wouldn't recommend a 3" + face mill on a 940, for anything other than aluminum, and even then I wouldn't take very big cuts with it.

I wouldn't recommend a 3" + face mill on a 940, for anything other than aluminum, and even then I wouldn't take very big cuts with it.
Thanks for the heads up. I did ask Matt before buying anything, he said a 3-1/8" -4" is no prob, just don't start out trying to take alot off, and listen . In fact, he said he's ran a 6" in the 940 . Yes, this would be for Al.

Last edited:

I regularly take 0.100+" DOC in aluminum with my 4" Glacern 45deg face mill on my PM932. My old Smithy Granite would do that too and it was a lot less rigid than the PM.

Search ebay for SEHT1204AFFN-X83 inserts for aluminum for the Glacern 45 deg face mills. I've had my 4" face mill for about 4 years and I'm still using the first edge on these inserts.

Back