I sure could use a prayer or two

My friends .......
Thank you all for your support. You have no idea how much it has meant to me. I think everything that can be said has been said, so I am closing this thread. FOR NOW. I have a long road back ahead of me. I don't yet know how far back I can or will come. As it stands fight now, I cannot machine anymore, but I intend to change that in the coming future. First priority is to find out what disease I actually have. The first test is for Parkinson's.
The second priority is heal from the surgery and hit the gym to get muscle mass back and try to get to walk again somewhat.
There are several other issues, such as my heart and my aneurysm to deal with and I am working on those now to to get control of my body.

I will be here now and then and I will be back and reopen this thread when I get straightened around.
Thank you all .... And I WILL BE BACK.

I can walk a few steps. Maybe 10 feet if I have a wall or something to steady myself and I go very slowly. It is difficult as I lose balance. I have to use my loftstrand crutches or my wheelchair to get around the house and to go anywhere. I ( and the doctors) think this is about as far back as I will come, but I am going to do everything I can to get even better.

Hiya Mark, what a sweet little service buddy you have.

You are making progress.. Especially compared to a few weeks ago.
Keep working at it..
We appreciate the update.
Dan

Yes, I feel much better. I still have effects from the morphine withdrawal. They say they may take a long time to get over, but they are minor problems. My vitamin D3 was almost completely depleted from my body. I am taking massive doses from my doctor to try and correct it. The blood test value should be around 50 to 100. Mine was 10 and was causing severe weakness.
I go to get some fancy nuclear test on my brain to test for Parkinson's disease , on April 10.
The walking is just not coming back like I hoped. I cannot feel my legs and feet and cannot tell what they are doing without watching them. My girlfriend and I went shopping at the big mall in Ohio today. We took my wheelchair and she pushed me all around the mall. It was nice to get out for once. We had a nice day together. My Service Dog, Gizmo, can go everywhere. Stores, restaurants, hotels any pubic place, everywhere. He can even fly with me and sit on the floor by my feet for free. This makes me feel better also. I think he is more attached to me than my girlfriend.

I still have to find out about the tremors yet. I have a hard time eating a lot of thiangs because I shake everything off my fork before I can get it to my mouth. The tremors are really bothering me. It is hard to do simple things like dial the phone. I keep hitting wrong buttons from shaking so bad. I had to program voice dialing and auto answer on it. I bought a new manual wheelchair to get around the house. I want to get a second one to keep in the car so she don't have to keep taking it in and out of the house, but at $200, it will have to wait a while. All in all , I am adapting pretty well so far to my new lifestyle, I think.

There are two. Eastwood mall in Niles and Southern Park mall in Boardman. At least they are big to me.

Well ....... This is most likely my permanent update. It looks like my machining days are about over. I need my wheelchair even to get around the house. I can use my loftstrand crutches sometimes, but definitely need a wheelchair to go out of the house. My service dog goes everywhere with me. I can no longer walk. I try to take a few steps in the house but it is unsteady and risky. If I continue to fall, the doctor said I will have to go to assisted living, WHICH I REFUSE TO DO. She seems to think I am depressed. I said no, I can't walk, barely can feed myself , and I depend on a dog to watch me. Why would I be depressed? If could control the tremors better. I might be able to work in my shop a little, but I am not allowed to be there without someone to watch me and what used to take 15 minutes to do , now takes over an hour, so I won't be in the shop very, very little. I spend the days sitting in the house trying to do everything I can for myself, but even the simplest tasks take a long time when I have to use a wheelchair to go ten feet to get something to eat and it is hard to make a simple sandwich with the tremors. I can't even write or sign my name anymore with the tremors. It takes the whole day just to do the simplest things I need to do to survive and it wears me out. I need to get stronger. My service dog is with me 24/7, he even follows me to the bathroom. He watches me constantly. It takes so long to do simple things like combing my hair. We used to go out to eat a lot but since I have such a hard time and people stare, I avoid it mostly now.

On a good note, My girlfriend has said yes to marrying me. We are planning a wedding in May of 2019. ( What she wants with half a man I don't know, but she takes good care of me.) I want so much to be able to stand and get married and to WALK down the isle with her after the ceremony. That is my goal in life now. I have been thinking of inconspicuous ways to do this with a little help. We are planning a big church wedding. I have no idea how I will manage the first dance with 125 people watching. I am doing my best to adapt to my new life and I think I am doing pretty good so far.

Mark,
Congratulations on your engagement. Your goal to walk down the aisle and have that first dance is an excellent one. It is my sincere hope that you will succeed.

Back