I sure could use a prayer or two

I been going through this withdrawal for 7 days now. All the really bad stuff is past. I still have many lesser effects yet. That poison was running into my spine for 4 1/2 years and they say it could be weeks before all the lesser effects go away. But I can eat and drink anything I want now. I go to Pittsburgh Monday to start figuring out why I can't walk. It is hard finding a ride for the two hour drive. I fell in the kitchen today and had to wait while my girlfriend found a neighbor to help get me up. I have fallen 3 times in the last week. It's rough but I will beat this.
Is your girlfriend back with you? The one you told us about?

You learned young to stop , I never stopped till this pain set in about two years ago. Always was taught a good workout built strength and made muscles stronger. But I never new I was contorting my spine and wearing the cartilage away . I hope the injections help in a few weeks. xrays are pretty clear how bad my degeneration is.
Be careful hobbling around out there YA don't need broken hip or leg. Get some vitamins in ya too. My Dr says I'm the healthiest crip she has . My motor works but the frames worn out.

Hi Mark. Just wondering, do you have any family members who can help assist you in any way?

If we knew then what we know now about the damage we were doing by only stopping after the pain got so bad. I wish I could go back and warn myself about it as I'm sure most of us would. But would we have listened.

Mark, I know I put something in before the crash, about this but one thing to consider would be one of the walker with a seat, that you could use around the shop when you can manage to, Could be a little easier to get around in the shop, and maybe a bit more stable than the crutches. Just a though.

Hopefully things will continue to improve over the next week or so.

Hi Mark
Best of luck, pain is a problem, i hope it all go's away one day.
Thinking of you daily.
New girlfriend, very nice, still life in the old dog yet. lol
:eagerness::eagerness::eagerness:

................ sometimes distraction can be helpful......... depends upon the nature of the person and the nature of the pain ..................... I can lose myself for a couple of hours with a few bits of metal and a pair of calipers trying to figure out exactly where to drill the holes and mill the slots for project xyz.

or just with paper and pencil trying to figure out how to make a ...................... ( insert current must have tool here) with the skills and equipment currently available. If you think that would be helpful am sure that there woudl be plenty of suggestions from forumites for projects for you to think about and give suggestions upon.

Funny thing with some of my sketches, that were oh so clear and clever at the time ................ I sometimes haven't got a clue what they mean 6 months later as that particular train of thought just isn't there any more.

my boy had a similar issue with narcotics. he spent 1 1/2 years in the hospital (1 year icu) for major burns. (lost track of the number of operations) when he finally got out he had to return immediately with stomach issues. all the narcotics he took for the duration ruined his stomach to the point where he can no longer tolerate ANY narcotics. i remember he had withdrawal issues but the biggest issue was putting up with the pain from no more drugs. the trade off was he could eat though.

my boy had a similar issue with narcotics. he spent 1 1/2 years in the hospital (1 year icu) for major burns. (lost track of the number of operations) when he finally got out he had to return immediately with stomach issues. all the narcotics he took for the duration ruined his stomach to the point where he can no longer tolerate ANY narcotics. i remember he had withdrawal issues but the biggest issue was putting up with the pain from no more drugs. the trade off was he could eat though.
I don't wish anyone to go through narcotics withdrawal. It is horrible. I had a morphine infusion pump installed putting that poison into my spine continuously for 4 1/2 years. After the pump had to be removed in an emergency surgery, the withdrawal hit me like a freight train 10 hours later. The pain was horrific, I lost consciousness, wound up in the hospital and wasn't being treated for the withdrawal. After 4 days of no food or water, I check out AMA and went home and suffered. With the help of my girlfriend, I am past the horrible part but am still suffering many minor problems from the withdrawal. It will take weeks to get past them. The bad part for me was recovering from the surgery while suffering the withdrawal. I have a long road back to being somewhat normal. I can't walk and the tremors are worse and these are undetermined how I will end up.

Back