In Memorium: Bob Korves

I met Bob back in 2014 at my home shop to teach the fundamentals of metal scraping.
He had a great sense of humor and a calm demeanor. He was well read and happy to lend a hand whenever needed.
We went to 3 Summer Bashes in Los Angels together
We met up regularly before the pandemic in Saturday parties once a month.
The good times were always good.

I’ll miss my friend, may he Rest In Peace

No more pain. No more suffering. Wish I knew him better, but from the posts by those did, it's clear he was a fine man. Prayers for his family and close friends.

Beshalom (Hebrew for 'With Peace')

Bob passed away last Friday. He was my mentor and friend. Incredibly talented and knowledgeable. He will be missed, but his legacy goes on with the fellowship he created with other hobby machinists throughout California and Nevada—from Nipoma (Bill Dolengowitz RIP) to Reno (Paul Baygents) to Ukiah (Aaron Woods). We lost a true mensch.

I'm not usually short of things to say, but I'm finding myself at a loss for words losing Bill and Bob within weeks of each other.

I'm not usually short of things to say, but I'm finding myself at a loss for words losing Bill and Bob within weeks of each other.
Who (I'm afraid to ask) is Bill?

Who (I'm afraid to ask) is Bill?

He was a member of the Sacramento machinists group and a long time career machinist. I believe he may have been a member here but if he was he posted very infrequently.

Like Bob (and many others) he was always willing to help out somebody new to machining.

Back