In Memorium: Michael Yim (Mikey)

Thank you for posting this.

This makes me sad.

When I was shopping for a small lathe and signed up here, Mikey was one of the first to respond to my questions. He really helped get me set up when I bought my Sherline lathe, and then later the mill.
Like so many here, he was always willing to help and share his knowledge.

RIP

So sad to learn this. Mikey helped me in parting off operations with lots of advice and when I seemed like a slow learner even sent me an Aloris 71 blade. His advice and that tool has taken all the sweat and nerves out of parting. Most of it anyway.

Well, maybe we just have to pass his generosity and kindness forward...

Oh man I knew something was up with him, I tried to message him a few times to find out if he was alright but Mikey was a very private person, his answers were short and somehow subdued, I felt he wasn't up to talking so I left it alone but never ever forgotten about him now I know why he was absent for the last 3 years ,Mikey was a kind soul, he was truly the one who helped me the most here when I first joined this site, his guidance was priceless to many of us.
I know for a fact we all miss him ,may he rest in peace.

I still can't believe you're gone Mike but I know you will still be looking over us as you always have. Thanks for everything my friend & all that you have done for others. I will forever miss you & never forget!

Back