Indian machinery

I actually want one of those Manson lathes, but I don't want to pay the $700-1000 price tag that they seem to sell for.
I kick myself for not buying one years back thinking $250 was too high a price.

Its a neat toy to introduce your friends or kids who have no idea of how to run a lathe, which is why I wanted this, but $1000?

Fool and his money, this fad will pass and prices will come way down.

It's been said modern alloys don't require seasoning the way casting did decades ago. I don't suggest that means none. Don't know. Metallurgy has come a long way. I kind of doubt our Indian friends are employing the latest tech anyway.

It's been said modern alloys don't require seasoning the way casting did decades ago. I don't suggest that means none. Don't know. Metallurgy has come a long way. I kind of doubt our Indian friends are employing the latest tech anyway.
Judging by them throwing scraps of whatever they had lying around, I think your summation that the Indians are not using the latest tech would be correct. :rolleyes:

Judging by them throwing scraps of whatever they had lying around, I think your summation that the Indians are not using the latest tech would be correct. :rolleyes:
i laugh ever time i watch a bunch of guys dressed in sandals and robes, carry around 800lbs of molten iron to pour into a mold, i keep thinking about if it were in the states the OSHA inspectors would be breaking down the door to fine everyone out of existence.

It's hot bro. You can often find me wearing only a Speedo when I'm slinging molten ladels of iron around.

i laugh ever time i watch a bunch of guys dressed in sandals and robes, carry around 800lbs of molten iron to pour into a mold, i keep thinking about if it were in the states the OSHA inspectors would be breaking down the door to fine everyone out of existence.
Watched a few of these type videos.

Making tractor PTO Rototillers, material buckets for pay loaders and large excavators as well as this buried in the ground lathe casting through finish.

How they do all of these builds without work benches or even a concrete floor, well, I don't know whether to be completely amazed or just mortified .

Watched a few of these type videos.

Making tractor PTO Rototillers, material buckets for pay loaders and large excavators as well as this buried in the ground lathe casting through finish.

How they do all of these builds without work benches or even a concrete floor, well, I don't know whether to be completely amazed or just mortified .
must admit my new tractor is a Mahindra and was probable made in one of those shops, but it works good and is heavy as hell (very good thing in tractors). they kind of remind me of the USA of yesteryear with everyone willing to do whatever it takes to be successful.

back to the original topic, I would be receptive to India made equipment, at least they are not blatantly stealing everyone's intellectual property.

Back