Info needed for installing/setting up pm940m

Where can I get these metric sae drill bits with odd numbers. Can I undersize normal bits?

Yes eventually I will get them. The issue the tap say 7.9mm and I don’t seem to find it
.3110227" 5/16" = .3125 and 19/64" = .296875" Them make the set of bits I refereed to in imperial and metric, pick your poison if I need metric I'll buy a single bit but I have the imperial set for just this reason.

Hemmm you got me lost here. You say I can use the sae ones as drill bits for the metric taps?

Hemmm you got me lost here. You say I can use the sae ones as drill bits for the metric taps?
As long as it is close enough, yes. A proper thread chart will provide 3 drill sizes usually one for 60%, 75% and like 85 or 90% thread which translated to the thread class/fits A, B or C which allows you a bit of latitude if you can use a sloppy fit...

As long as it is close enough, yes. A proper thread chart will provide 3 drill sizes usually one for 60%, 75% and like 85 or 90% thread which translated to the thread class/fits A, B or C which allows you a bit of latitude if you can use a sloppy fit...
Whee can I read more about this so I don’t bother you with my nonsense :)

pics here if anyone is interested in the as PNG files

Attachments

• SAE %22Imperial%22 tap and clearance Drill sizes.png
    SAE %22Imperial%22 tap and clearance Drill sizes.png
    361.9 KB · Views: 17
  • metric -tap and clearence Drill sizes.png
    metric -tap and clearence Drill sizes.png
    284.7 KB · Views: 14
already moved then to the phone. i found out handling the phone with hands with way oil on them to not be very smart on my part. so i will encapsulate them in thermoplastic sheets and attach them somewhere near to the mill.

Back