Is this a lot of food?

skogkatt007

Registered
Registered
for a man. For dinner.

3 hamburgers (fairly small after you cook them), well done, ketchup, no buns.

3 pretty small microwaved baked potatoes, maybe 1/2 teaspoon of butter on each.

12 oz. broccoli, microwaved, nothing added.

Left something out. This constitutes 1 of 2 meals per the day.

Also depends on one's current size/weight. If one is small and slight stature, that could be considered a lot. If one is large and heavy, that may not be considered a lot.

To get a better answer, one would need to know the above, and the cooked weight of the burgers and potatoes, and how active the person was.

Well I'm pretty big (in all directions). This is a modified diet I only persued for a short time, I actually was losing weight too fast. I figured I could add some starch/fat, do it for a couple weeks, and see ... Let's just say I'm not stuffed when I'm done (I had 4 scrambled eggs, a quart of low fat yogurt and a 24oz. decaf w/maybe 3/4" light cream, 6 sugars for breakfast - I miss the way coffee tasted when I was a kid. Back when cafes and diners were where you'd likely drink coffee).

I don't want to lose more then 2 lbs. a week. Before I substituted spuds and broccoli for pickles (4-6), I was losing about 3 lbs. a week. I lost 66 lbs. in 5 1/2 months again doing a similar diet. Granted dinner has a fair amount of fat added in. I'm more concerned about clogged pipes. The weight will come of doimg basically what I'm doing. Adjustments may be needed.

Oh I'm only doing this 4 days a week for now. Fryday to Funday I eat whatever I want. It actually gets kind of disgusting. Now it may be that the losses may stop and I'll plateau down the line (maybe after 35 lbs. come off). At that point I may have to eliminate some or all of the cheat days. I'm looking to lose at least 80. Then the really hard work of keeping it off begins. Shouldn't be too bad.

Not stuffed. Kind of full. Just so used to eating to the point of being stuffed. So unhealthy.

Congratulations on your weight loss progress!

I would consider adding more vegetables to the meal as it isn't a balanced diet and very low in fiber.
Maybe take a look at ketogenic diets and incorporate a bit of that in your diet. One could skip the potatoes
and add cooked pinto beans or black beans instead to add soluble fiber to your diet. Your innards will thank
you.:)

Personally, sugar is the bane of my weight loss efforts. I can eat anything and everything all day as much as I want, so long as there’s no sugar in it. Now go try to find anything without sugar in it.

Cooked weight is important to evaluate your meal. Small to you may not be small to me. Or vice versa.

for a man. For dinner.

3 hamburgers (fairly small after you cook them), well done, ketchup, no buns.

3 pretty small microwaved baked potatoes, maybe 1/2 teaspoon of butter on each.

12 oz. broccoli, microwaved, nothing added.

Left something out. This constitutes 1 of 2 meals per the day.

The hamburgers are great (but well done - what kind of a barbarian are you???). The ketchup is not (look at the ingredients and you will find that it is ~25% sugar). Try mustard instead. No bread is also good.

Potatoes are also NOT good (too much starch). The butter is great.

The broccoli is also great (microwaved??? - try steaming it). Add as much butter to it as you like.

A couple of years ago, I needed to drop a few pounds. I have never dieted before in my life, so it was a new experience. I didn't use any of the "fad" diets, but created my own. My diet consisted of:

1) Eliminating as much sugar from my diet as possible. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE sugar, but sugar is a killer and it is addictive. I wouldn't drink a cup of coffee without sugar. I found out that stevia (AKA, sucralose - in the yellow package) is a very close analog to regular sugar, so now I can still enjoy my morning cup. I consider aspartane (AKA Nutrasweet) to be a poison.

2) Eliminating as much starch from my diet, also. This means no potatoes, no breads, no pasta, no rice, or any other high starch food.

3) Eating as many fruits and vegetables as you want (whole). Apples, oranges, peaches, plums, etc. In short, if it grows on a tree, you can eat it. Do NOT consume ANY juices of the above by themselves. IE, no orange juice, apple juice, grapefruit juice, etc, even freshly squeezed. It's because of who gets the sugar in these.

4) Eliminating alcohol from your diet. This is the most unfortunate part of the diet.

When I started this diet, I lost so much weight so fast, that I had to stop it (how many dieters can say that!). I added bread back into my diet for a while (I make my own bread - or, my breadmaker machine does). I also went into withdrawal from dropping the sugar. This lasted about a month.

So, on this diet, you won't starve, or ever be hungry. You can eat all the meat and fat and fruits and vegetables that you want. You can snack during the day on these, too. If all you do is one thing from this diet, do number 1. Eliminating sugar will give you the most bang for your buck.

Very hard to give up my hefeweizen- I already quit cigarettes (2010)

Back