Is this a lot of food?

I miss the way coffee tasted when I was a kid. Back when cafes and diners were where you'd likely drink coffee).
Use a percolator and a medium roast Arabica.

As far as the diet, I lost close to hundred pounds with a low carbohydrate diet. To that end, It's good to understand the Glycemic Index, it explains the speed your body converts various carbs into glucose. Any glucose you are not burning off gets converted into fat. I recommend the book "Sugarbusters" as a good start.

Now go try to find anything without sugar in it.
I've been a diabetic for over 30 years. Have learned a few things about eating. In actuality almost anything can be eaten, in moderation. Carbs provide energy. Which carbs to get a balanced diet is the question. Sugar will provide energy but little else. Beans and grains in their most natural states provide many of the things you need in addition to energy. Humans are carnivores whose natural diet is a lot like a wild dog. Humans have probably been successful because they have been adaptable. They would eat anything they could find historically. Your body has adapted to this. Modern sources of food have made it possible to eat too much of almost anything. Eat less and eat more variety. Forget the latest & greatest diets. I've seen many diet fads come & go. They have included: eggs are bad for you, butter is bad for you meat is bad for you, sugars in a myriad of forms are bad for you, anything processed is bad.... on & on from more or less, sometimes much less, "authorities". Just what is "processed? Cooking? Grinding, mixing, canning, smoking, microwaving, irradiating, Are any of these 100% good or bad?

Where do you draw the line on what you will eat? Is that line good for you? The more varied your menu the less likely you are to eat excessive concentrations of any one type of thing. Get out and explore the food world. Have squid for lunch, with a glass of cheap wine. Make a salad out of the edible weeds you can find for free. Grow something yourself even if it's just a pot of herbs.

for a man. For dinner.

3 hamburgers (fairly small after you cook them), well done, ketchup, no buns.

3 pretty small microwaved baked potatoes, maybe 1/2 teaspoon of butter on each.

12 oz. broccoli, microwaved, nothing added.

Left something out. This constitutes 1 of 2 meals per the day.
Small burger? Whats your idea of small. 1/4lb is small to me
No bread is a good deletion from the meal.
I love bread,butter,paste in any combination.
My best effort to loose weight I used that Loose it app.
My big problem is Im a grazing eater , just constantly nibbling on anything. Especially at night

Me, no I'm not much of a snacker. I won't read books, download apps, join a support group. To H with all that crap! I had to take what I know and ease into a plan of my own concoction. Everyone's afraid of sugar .. everyone's afraid of fat ..EVERYONE'S afraid of tofu .. except me, was a veg for 6 years. But as the saying goes, everything in moderation. I won't lose an ounce if I have to deal with headaches. I have to have enough of whatever to make me kind of full. All that sugar I eat in the morning hasn't raised a tick in my triglycerides. My cholesterol is always a bit high, not a lot. To date I've not had any instance of clogged arteries AFAIK. But I'm working on it!

It's all trash talk for the moment though. I've never introduced taters as a staple (WITH butter). Tomorrow I weigh myself and see what I've accomplished. If anything. May have to eliminate 1 cheat day from thebgetgo. I'll give it another week though and see.

Soome people or some diets don't register weight loss week by week necessarily. I had that happen once. It was a less strenuous diet, can't remember all the details. Nothing seemed to be happening for a long while. Then I weighed myself 1 day and I was down 15 lbs.

Well I'm pretty big (in all directions). This is a modified diet I only persued for a short time, I actually was losing weight too fast. I figured I could add some starch/fat, do it for a couple weeks, and see ... Let's just say I'm not stuffed when I'm done (I had 4 scrambled eggs, a quart of low fat yogurt and a 24oz. decaf w/maybe 3/4" light cream, 6 sugars for breakfast - I miss the way coffee tasted when I was a kid. Back when cafes and diners were where you'd likely drink coffee).

I don't want to lose more then 2 lbs. a week. Before I substituted spuds and broccoli for pickles (4-6), I was losing about 3 lbs. a week. I lost 66 lbs. in 5 1/2 months again doing a similar diet. Granted dinner has a fair amount of fat added in. I'm more concerned about clogged pipes. The weight will come of doimg basically what I'm doing. Adjustments may be needed.

Oh I'm only doing this 4 days a week for now. Fryday to Funday I eat whatever I want. It actually gets kind of disgusting. Now it may be that the losses may stop and I'll plateau down the line (maybe after 35 lbs. come off). At that point I may have to eliminate some or all of the cheat days. I'm looking to lose at least 80. Then the really hard work of keeping it off begins. Shouldn't be too bad.

Not stuffed. Kind of full. Just so used to eating to the point of being stuffed. So unhealthy.
Between July 2021 - April 2022 I lost 90 lbs (270 down to 180), using the Lose It! app (same app James Clough used, which is where I learned about it) and walking ~10,000 steps a day. The app tracks calories and sets meal/daily targets based on your particular size/dimensions, age and goals (how fast, target weight, etc.). No restrictions on what you eat, just total intake. I still use it just so I know what I’m consuming: as @Dhal22 said, no buns is important: in many cases, bread contains more calories than what’s between it.

I do need to add activity, just for it's own sake. But I don't endeavor to DIET and EXERCISE. Sure I can do some walking or even a bit of joggimg (as if I could). But exercising to the point of feeling famished will ruin it for me. I just may go crazy and rip the door off the fridge. I know my limits. Try to do too much and may wind up doing nothing.

One humongous problem I have is severe fatigue. Sleeping crazy long hours. I finally get a cpap next week. I hope it makes a difference. The weight itself can cause fatigue/daytime sleepiness. And certainly apnea. Once the weight is down a lot of my issues my dissappear. Oh did I mention high blood pressure.

Very hard to give up my hefeweizen- I already quit cigarettes (2010)
I can't drink anything but dark beer these days (and don't know what hefeweizen is). Almost never drink mimd you. 3-4x a year. I am contemplating getting 5 big bottles of Guinness over the weekemd.

And to further vex my soul, these Dollar General bags of tropical trail mix are pretty good. A little on the sweet side. I'll have to contend with the issue of how many I can eat during the week. Just gobbled 2 bags. But only had 2 taters for dindin.

Not a big fruit person. And even though I'm not a big snacker, I can fill up with dried fruit. Pretty close to candy.

Everyone's afraid of sugar
Everyone SHOULD be afraid of sugar.

...everyone's afraid of fat
No one should be afraid of fat (at least animal fat). It takes more calories to convert the fat to sugar than the number of calories it provides. Vegetable oils should be avoided.

..EVERYONE'S afraid of tofu .. except me, was a veg for 6 years.
Soooo, you're the one eating the tofu. Soybeans produce a lot of a compound called phyto-estrogen. As the name implies, it pumps you full of female hormones. This is good, if you are transitioning from male to female - not so much if you want to stay a male.

I'll stay man no matter. I actually never ate much Tofu or soy. My mother used to make a really good soy bean meatloaf back aroumd 1980. You could only find the stuff at GNC. In cans.

I am fully convinced I was healthiest and happiest when I abstaimed from meat. I may even try it again.

Back