Iseki TL3200 tractor project

Another place to look for retrofit parts are in gas-powered weed eaters/string trimmers, they have a similar flexible drive shaft...... if you can find one long enough.
Of course, you likely need to match the direction of rotation too, so that the cable doesn't try to unwind.
-brino

Another place to look for retrofit parts are in gas-powered weed eaters/string trimmers, they have a similar flexible drive shaft...... if you can find one long enough.
Of course, you likely need to match the direction of rotation too, so that the cable doesn't try to unwind.
-brino
The inner cable is 1/8 inch in diameter and the string trimmer flex shafts are a lot heavier than that. I guess it matters not
because the resection job of the existing inner cable worked out fine. It hadn't occurred to be about the direction of rotation
but I can see that is important. Thanks for that exquisite detail, Brino!:encourage:

The front wheels cleared the loader but when on an incline, not the case. After an hour or so of
experimenting, I could see that something needed to be done. It was my good fortune that
I could remove the brace affair with six bolts and get it to the shop where I had a plasma cutter
and welder. Anyhow, after a couple hours of cutting and welding, I relieved the area that was
causing the interference. Why the previous owner didn't take care of this is beyond me.
P1030311.JPG
Here I started with a bit of plasma cutting since plasma cutting later would not work very well. P1030312.JPG
This seemed to be the best way to make relief for the wheels without too much difficulty.P1030315.JPG
This is the project finished and ready to get installed in the morning.

A little progress each day seems to work the best for me. Today not being the exception, I used my
home made ball turner to fashion a knob for the loader on the tractor. There was a ball of sorts on
the machine but it wouldn't thread on as it looked to be 5/16 NF or something like that and the shaft
was somewhat bigger and metric to boot. Anyhow, I turned a ball and threaded it in metric so it would
fit on properly.
P1030318.JPG
It has a few scratches I see so will have to do a little more polishing.

The other project was to check out the condition of the oil in the Diesel KIKI injection pump. After a bit of research on the
web, it was determined that the oil that bathes the camshaft in the injection pump needs to be changed every 200 hours.
Several days earlier, I had removed the bottom screw and was mystified as what was in there looked like diesel. I thought maybe
I had identified the wrong holes. It turns out that the oil had not been changed for a long time as was diluted with fuel
and was red. I had been detecting some degree of lack of maintenance and that pretty much confirmed it. I drained out the
old stuff and had to use a pump oil can to reintroduce 6 ounces of fresh oil. The later diesels use engine oil to lube the pump
so there is nothing to maintain on them, a better system I think. If any of you HM guys have an older diesel, you might check
to see if it requires periodic changing of the pump oil.
P1030320.JPGAbove the two Philips screws is the decal that gives the pump ID and instructions on the lubrication interval on the pump.
It wasn't legible and some of the hieroglyphics were in Japanese making the project a bit more challenging. Somehow I have to
get the black goo that has been accumulating off the pump. Scraping some of it off with a screwdriver worked to some degree
but it would be nice to maybe use some kind of solvent and get it cleaned up properly.

Last edited:
Hi all, we also have an Iseki TL3200 but we are problems getting the PTO to work. When the PTO is in neutral the PTO spins but when in gear the PTO is locked but doesn’t spin. We are not sure how the PTO links up with the rest of gearing for the gears. Is there a solenoid to operate the PTO as the dash has a switch we think engages the PTO. Sorry but when we bought it second hand the wiring was a mess and was removed not knowing what it linked up to. ( Rookie mistake) I’ve had a mechanic help me with it but this particular model isn’t common in Australia. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yup, Zen and the art of tractor maintenance. Nice to get all those little details straightened out. My backhoe is scheduled for some major love this summer, rebuild cylinders (4), fix lights, pins and bushings, and pull and service starter. When that ones done, on to the track hoe. Never ending, but I still enjoy it. Mike

Yes, tractor maintainance (like motorcycle maintainance) is like wiping your ass on a barrel hoop. There’s no end to it.
And as Pirsig points out, (kind of), one must achieve peace of mind before attempting to repair tractor. Or motorcycle.
Yes I have both, & feel your pain.

Hi all, we also have an Iseki TL3200 but we are problems getting the PTO to work. When the PTO is in neutral the PTO spins but when in gear the PTO is locked but doesn’t spin. We are not sure how the PTO links up with the rest of gearing for the gears. Is there a solenoid to operate the PTO as the dash has a switch we think engages the PTO. Sorry but when we bought it second hand the wiring was a mess and was removed not knowing what it linked up to. ( Rookie mistake) I’ve had a mechanic help me with it but this particular model isn’t common in Australia. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe that this tractor has a live PTO meaning it can deliver power with the tractor in neutral or in gear. I do have a manual
so will try to read up on this subject and see what I can learn.

Several Iseki models were sold in the US under the Bolens name. I believe the TL 3200 is the same as the Bolens G212. There are owners manuals and service manuals available through Amazon and eBay. They usually run between $7.00 and $30.00 depending on the model.

Several Iseki models were sold in the US under the Bolens name. I believe the TL 3200 is the same as the Bolens G212. There are owners manuals and service manuals available through Amazon and eBay. They usually run between $7.00 and $30.00 depending on the model.

On my manual (which is a White 37 Field Boss manual) it also lists the 2-32 which is the same as the Iseki TL3200. I did some reading
on the PTO and transmission pages and found that the clutch is in oil and operated by hydraulic oil pressure apparently. The 32 in the
listing matches up with the engine power which on the TL3200 is 32 horsepower. After some more reading on the web, it looks to me
like the Bolens G212 is a 21 horse three cylinder tractor.

Back