It's cold out there

OldMachinist

Bronze
Rest In Peace
Is it cold enough for you today?

ColdEnough.jpg

My wood furnace in the shop is barely keeping it above 60F today.

ColdEnough.jpg

Right now it's about 18degrees but windy...I hate the wind! Tonight, it's supposed to get down to 0 degrees and windy. Not looking forward to the gas bill this month.

Gas and oil are convenient, but on days like today, I wish I had a wood stove!

Marcel

was 15 here this morning , old sparky here keeps my little 22x22 concrete block garage as toasty warm as you can want ,.. if you do not mind feeding it .
i had it up to 84 this morning before i opened the door to cool off .

IMG_20150106_151444.jpg

IMG_20150106_151444.jpg

I'd say it's cold... !!! Try -13 F with a shrieking wind chill of -25 F.... :yikes:

.... and it gets much colder than that around here at times... mosquitoes aren't too bad, though... ;)

Brian :)

Is that a Sotz? (hard to tell from the pic) I really miss that company. They were made up in Columbia Station, Ohio. Last kit I got from them I drove up to the door and picked it up. Those Sotz Kits would burn a log for a coons age and roast you half to death all the while.

was 15 here this morning , old sparky here keeps my little 22x22 concrete block garage as toasty warm as you can want ,.. if you do not mind feeding it .
i had it up to 84 this morning before i opened the door to cool off .

View attachment 91783

I just got off the ocean. Sun beating down all day, mid 80s. I'm fried and tired from catching too many fish. Can anybody spare some sun tan lotion?:LOL:

I guess I have it pretty good at least for today. About 50 outside, blue sky, nice sun, no wind. My shop roll up door faces the south, so I have nice warm sunshine pouring in to the shop, probably about 65 or so in there. :))

here in far n.w. wisconsin it warmed right up to -1. we get lake superior to help us. . . ya right.

Well where we are it is supposed to go down to -4 by morning. This will be a with a lot of wind. My machine shop is in the basement and I have additional help with a 4K heater. I also work in the barn from time to time and have a wood stove as well as a Reddy propane heater to help when I need a little jump start. We heat the house with a pellet stove for the most part. We just need to keep in mind that it is winter.

Paul

Back