Just bought an old 1994 -12 X 36 Enco Lathe 110-2075

Not sure where and how exactly the bolt pattern varies, but you could add 6" a spacer into the center structure and/or add a plate to the top of the pedestals to address the different bolt patterns.
Yes it would require a new cover plate for the center but you could also build it out so that it is a storage cabinet or shelf in the plate to use that space. You already have the stand. If you buy a new one, you will have two and what good would that be to you.
Hello sir...

If my stand was close in size I'd use it, Its off enough to not be worth while, Its going with the lathe, just hope its appreciated.

Its really is a weird predicament I'm in, It would be a pain to fully rebuild the center section and drawer to fit the new lathe which also has 9 more inches of depth too... the chip pan of this lathe is 59.5 X 19.5 and the new lathe is 66 X 29 per PM website. :(

I think at this point It might be easier to get a stand with the new lathe to save valuable time, and later on down the road turn the new stand into a project after a few other projects have been cleared away.

Thank you for your input though...

Hello sir...

If my stand was close in size I'd use it, Its off enough to not be worth while, Its going with the lathe, just hope its appreciated.

Its really is a weird predicament I'm in, It would be a pain to fully rebuild the center section and drawer to fit the new lathe which also has 9 more inches of depth too... the chip pan of this lathe is 59.5 X 19.5 and the new lathe is 66 X 29 per PM website. :(

I think at this point It might be easier to get a stand with the new lathe to save valuable time, and later on down the road turn the new stand into a project after a few other projects have been cleared away.

It sounded as though it was only the 6" from your description. But obviously there is much more. I agree, just as easy to buy the one that is made for it. With the cost of metal these days and your time, you will probably come out cheaper and be using the lathe much quicker.

The PM lathes are really nice. I would love to have one. I have an old Grizzly. Sadly sitting in storage until we figure out where we are going to live in retirement and move there. I have made a lot of upgrades to my lathe and may do the same as you when the time comes. Just order a new lathe and sell the one I have to cover some of the costs.

Good luck and enjoy your new, Ultra Precision lathe.

It sounded as though it was only the 6" from your description. But obviously there is much more. I agree, just as easy to buy the one that is made for it. With the cost of metal these days and your time, you will probably come out cheaper and be using the lathe much quicker.

The PM lathes are really nice. I would love to have one. I have an old Grizzly. Sadly sitting in storage until we figure out where we are going to live in retirement and move there. I have made a lot of upgrades to my lathe and may do the same as you when the time comes. Just order a new lathe and sell the one I have to cover some of the costs.

Good luck and enjoy your new, Ultra Precision lathe.
lol id be jealous if the one you have stored happens to be a 12 x 24 - I've been looking online for one of thous to pop up forever :grin:

Honestly I'm to the point I may rethink the whole lathe thing... I've always wanted a metal lathe but it seems like no matter what I try, Buy a Used- Antique or even new one, I always run into some issue with monkey wrenches...

I'm dumb cause I didn't store my almost 80% restored Logan lathe, the one I have now would have been perfect me if it didn't leak oil from every seal point ( could be from going from a humid California to a dry las Vegas ) and I didn't even think to look at the foot print of the new lathe, 10 inches deeper...

lol so far the only fun I've had Lathe wise was learning and turning anode rods on a used HF 9 x 20 for electrolysis, which was a lot of fun.. since then acquiring a decent lathe has been not fun... Guess I should have installed that water conditioner over a foot more.

Sorry for the rant..

Last edited:
Hello sir...

Good morning guys,

Mr Mike has been gracious enough to gift his lathe to me, And I do appreciate it very much. My SW lathe is having problems with the power feed being broken. The lead screw for threading still works, Parts for these lathes are hard to find. The grizzly website does not have the parts I need. The SW lathe will wind up with my neighbor after I get the lathe up and running Mr Mike is providing me with.

Thank you Mike!

lol id be jealous if the one you have stored happens to be a 12 x 24 - I've been looking online for one of thous to pop up forever :grin:

Honestly I'm to the point I may rethink the whole lathe thing... I've always wanted a metal lathe but it seems like no matter what I try, Buy a Used- Antique or even new one, I always run into some issue with monkey wrenches...

I'm dumb cause I didn't store my almost 80% restored Logan lathe, the one I have now would have been perfect me if it didn't leak oil from every seal point ( could be from going from a humid California to a dry las Vegas ) and I didn't even think to look at the foot print of the new lathe, 10 inches deeper...

lol so far the only fun I've had Lathe wise was learning and turning anode rods on a used HF 9 x 20 for electrolysis, which was a lot of fun.. since then acquiring a decent lathe has been not fun... Guess I should have installed that water conditioner over a foot more.

Sorry for the rant..
No a little bigger the G9249 which is 12x37. Just built and installed a remote control which will give me RPM readout and a second Emergency stop. It resides with the new DRO. Neither of which I have had a chance to use yet.

IMG_20221219_134826227(1).jpg

No a little bigger the G9249 which is 12x37. Just built and installed a remote control which will give me RPM readout and a second Emergency stop. It resides with the new DRO. Neither of which I have had a chance to use yet.

View attachment 438309
Hey thats a pretty clean machine right there, Man you gatta just love toys right...

Good morning guys,
Mr Mike has been gracious enough to gift his lathe to me.

Just so we are on the same page sir, since you are driving 170 miles...

Lathe comes with the stand, tools, spare gears & everything I got with it as seen in the photos minus a couple items I can use on the new lathe I have coming.- I am Not asking or Charging anything for the lathe, its free for pick up to good home. your time & travel cost are on you.

I did not re-assemble it after tearing it down to paint, so we are clear - I did not disassemble the head but you will have to re-assemble the head, Electrcal box, wiring and the motor back to the lathe bed - there are detailed photos in this thread so you can do so... I will trey and find the originals put on a thumb drive.

It should only take a couple days to get it all back together and running, I have all the parts. but that does not include the time it will take you to fix all the Oil leaks, which is basically every seal point on the lathe that could leak does leak, slow or not its still a leak. just want to make sure you understand that.

I only got to run the lathe for about a half hour when I started noticing the leaks, I found one leak and thought ill fix it, then another and another, I was like you got to be kidding me, after fixing the stand I got side tracked with other pressing projects that I am still working on now and just don't have time on my hands ATM or I would fix it which means another season or two will go by before I can have some fun.

Just wanted you to know the details about the oil leaks before you make the long trek here to Las Vegas, other than the oil leaks I was starting to look into beefing up the electrical box to prevent future issues from arising - other then that to the best of my knowledge the lathe is in decent working shape.

No hard feeling if you cant make the trip, I wont put it on craigslist or offer up unless you decide not to come get it by months end. also you are under no obligation to come back to Vegas to show me how to do threading as you said you might after i get my new lathe, It would great and appreciated, but don't feel that you have to.

Thanks....

Just so we are on the same page sir, since you are driving 170 miles...

Lathe comes with the stand, tools, spare gears & everything I got with it as seen in the photos minus a couple items I can use on the new lathe I have coming.- I am Not asking or Charging anything for the lathe, its free for pick up to good home. your time & travel cost are on you.

I did not re-assemble it after tearing it down to paint, so we are clear - I did not disassemble the head but you will have to re-assemble the head, Electrcal box, wiring and the motor back to the lathe bed - there are detailed photos in this thread so you can do so... I will trey and find the originals put on a thumb drive.

It should only take a couple days to get it all back together and running, I have all the parts. but that does not include the time it will take you to fix all the Oil leaks, which is basically every seal point on the lathe that could leak does leak, slow or not its still a leak. just want to make sure you understand that.

I only got to run the lathe for about a half hour when I started noticing the leaks, I found one leak and thought ill fix it, then another and another, I was like you got to be kidding me, after fixing the stand I got side tracked with other pressing projects that I am still working on now and just don't have time on my hands ATM or I would fix it which means another season or two will go by before I can have some fun.

Just wanted you to know the details about the oil leaks before you make the long trek here to Las Vegas, other than the oil leaks I was starting to look into beefing up the electrical box to prevent future issues from arising - other then that to the best of my knowledge the lathe is in decent working shape.

No hard feeling if you cant make the trip, I wont put it on craigslist or offer up unless you decide not to come get it by months end. also you are under no obligation to come back to Vegas to show me how to do threading as you said you might after i get my new lathe, It would great and appreciated, but don't feel that you have to.

Thanks....
I totally appreciate this Mike, I will be there Saturday. And I will be coming back to help you. It will take me a little bit to get it back together as I am going to finish the paint job and fix the leaks. Very, Very nice of you, Thank you again!

Back