Just bought an old 1994 -12 X 36 Enco Lathe 110-2075

I got the tailstock aligned, It was worthwhile buying the Edge products equipment made just for that. I also bought a Cheapy Bostar toolpost and holders. The tailstock was out around 5 thou. I will get that Mt5 adapter back to you Mike when I come down there.

Attachments

• DSCN4405.JPG
    DSCN4405.JPG
    341 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN4406.JPG
    DSCN4406.JPG
    394.1 KB · Views: 29
No rush... at the rate i'm going it will be next spring before my lath is up and running, but ill let you know for sure.

Also did you happen to check and or verify the extra chuck jaws we found don't go to my Bison chuck, I never found the extra set that usually comes with it...?

What else do you have left to do on that lathe, Seems you've gotten everything done and ready to use....? I think you mentioned adding a cutting fluid pump.

No rush... at the rate i'm going it will be next spring before my lath is up and running, but ill let you know for sure.

Also did you happen to check and or verify the extra chuck jaws we found don't go to my Bison chuck, I never found the extra set that usually comes with it...?

What else do you have left to do on that lathe, Seems you've gotten everything done and ready to use....? I think you mentioned adding a cutting fluid pump.
I will check on those jaws, Haven't tried them yet. The dro display mounting bracket I still need to do, And the place I bought the magnetic scale for the DRO is dragging their feet getting me the adapter cord.

The motor bearings still need to be done, Although I am not totally sure its the bearings now, If I tap on the fan cover the noise goes away for about 2 seconds then comes back. And lastly the apron leaks out everything I put in in about a week or 2, But from what I have read, They all leak on this particular model and I have looked at the Apron parts diagram on grizzly and I don't see any type of seals? So I am not sure where it's leaking, But when I get the rest of the stuff finished, I will tackle that.

Ok, I had actually kind of forgotten about those jaws, I took them out of the bag and also in the bag was a folded peice of paper for the name of the chuck that they go to, "Sonalkar" is the name of the chuck, So it does not fit the chuck I got from you, Nor will they fit your Bison. So I will bring those with me too. According to the pic in the manual that was in the bag, They belong to a threaded chuck, Not a D1-4 style chuck.

I think on your Bison Chuck, You just unbolt them and turn them around, But I am not positive on that.

Attachments

• DSCN4407.JPG
    DSCN4407.JPG
    301.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN4408.JPG
    DSCN4408.JPG
    251.1 KB · Views: 8
I went back and looked at the pics of your Bison chuck, You just take those socket head screws out and turn them around.

Ok, I had actually kind of forgotten about those jaws, I took them out of the bag and also in the bag was a folded peice of paper for the name of the chuck that they go to, "Sonalkar" is the name of the chuck, So it does not fit the chuck I got from you, Nor will they fit your Bison. So I will bring those with me too. According to the pic in the manual that was in the bag, They belong to a threaded chuck, Not a D1-4 style chuck.

I think on your Bison Chuck, You just unbolt them and turn them around, But I am not positive on that.
Well ok, problem solved... you need to buy your self a "Sonalkar" chuck, lol I got no use for them - so maybe donate them to somebody here on the forums...

You've done allot of work on that lathe, I bet you hate Oil leaks and never want to see one again...!

Yeah its been quite a bit of work, But at least I will know every inch of this lathe, From the Gearbox, to the electrical box, to the Motor, and the outer gear train and the apron. I will post up those jaws to see if anyone can use them.

Well, I had thought the first chips on this lathe would have been for a "Bang Bang" But somehow the knob for the swamp cooler control got lost somewhere between last fall when we put it away for the winter and yesterday when we put it back in. So the first project on the new lathe was making a new control knob for the cooler. It was a pleasure to use, Just that weird noise that it makes from the motor.

Attachments

• DSCN4409.JPG
    DSCN4409.JPG
    375.2 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN4410.JPG
    DSCN4410.JPG
    356.1 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCN4412.JPG
    DSCN4412.JPG
    374.9 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCN4413.JPG
    DSCN4413.JPG
    402.7 KB · Views: 47
I don't care for the knurling tool that came with the "Bostar" Tool post kit, But everything else works just fine.

Back