Just bought an old 1994 -12 X 36 Enco Lathe 110-2075

Update:

Sorry it's been a while, But I came down with something that knocked me for a loop, When I already have some major health issues.

Anyway, I was able to get the lathe headstock aligned to within 2 tenths up and down over 8 or 9 inches, And 1 tenth side to side, So I feel good about that. I bought a #5 MT Test bar and I will include a pic of it next to a #2 MT live center just so you will have an idea of how HUGE it is. I also repaired the last oil leak at the top change gear shaft. I also removed the cover for the transmission and lubed the bearings and gears. Which they say you are supposed to do each time you use it, But I think most have never done it.

Next is to install a DRO.

Attachments

• DSCN4345.JPG
    DSCN4345.JPG
    405.9 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCN4354.JPG
    DSCN4354.JPG
    357.4 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN4356.JPG
    DSCN4356.JPG
    339.2 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN4353.JPG
    DSCN4353.JPG
    325.3 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN4352.JPG
    DSCN4352.JPG
    376.3 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN4351.JPG
    DSCN4351.JPG
    355 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN4350.JPG
    DSCN4350.JPG
    309.8 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN4349.JPG
    DSCN4349.JPG
    402 KB · Views: 46
Update:

Sorry it's been a while, But I came down with something that knocked me for a loop, When I already have some major health issues.

Anyway, I was able to get the lathe headstock aligned to within 2 tenths up and down over 8 or 9 inches, And 1 tenth side to side, So I feel good about that. I bought a #5 MT Test bar and I will include a pic of it next to a #2 MT live center just so you will have an idea of how HUGE it is. I also repaired the last oil leak at the top change gear shaft. I also removed the cover for the transmission and lubed the bearings and gears. Which they say you are supposed to do each time you use it, But I think most have never done it.

Where did you get the test bar and how much did it run you? I’ve had my eye on one for a while but I only saw them in the $1200+ range.

Update:

Ps: awesome work on the alignment. It’s a chore for sure.

Where did you get the test bar and how much did it run you? I’ve had my eye on one for a while but I only saw them in the $1200+ range.
Thats way outta my price range, Here is the one I bought, As far as I can tell it's very good quality. It was a little over $100.00 with tax.

You also need to seat it in the taper real good with a rubber mallet.

Attachments

• 20230307_153702.jpg
    20230307_153702.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 39
I like it...
Looks like its almost done - Just needs a matching back splash, the center structure has tons of room for a cutting reservoir and pump so you can keep room free in the cabinets.

Great job sir...

I like it...
Looks like its almost done - Just needs a matching back splash, the center structure has tons of room for a cutting reservoir and pump so you can keep room free in the cabinets.

Great job sir...
Thank you Mike, You made me feel like I won the "Lathe Lotto"

I am going to put a DRO on next, So that's the next project.

DRO Update:

I have the DRO about 80% done. To get the full travel on the cross slide I had to think outside the box. I had to use a magnetic scale/read head on the cross slide as the glass ones would cover up the apron fill plug and also interfere with the carriage lock, So My mounting system is a little different, The scale hangs off the front end of the cross slide. This lathe has an extremely long travel.

Also the way I have done the cross slide, You can still get to the carriage oilers by running the slide to the end of it's travel in either direction, Exposing the oilers.

The y-axis I used glass scales. The Y-axis was pretty easy compared to the X-axis. Here are a few pics, The X-axis scale/Read head did not work when I hooked it up so I am waiting to hear back from the seller. I still need to build a mounting system for the display. And then I will start on the Backsplash.

I hope I did not offend anyone when I said I feel like Mr Mike made me win the Lathe Lotto, What I mean by that is, NOBODY, Has ever been so nice as to give me anything like this! I have never been so fortunate to receive something like this, SO Thank You again "Mr Mike'!

And by the way Mr Mike, Any update on when your new lathe will be here?

Attachments

• DSCN4372.JPG
    DSCN4372.JPG
    310.6 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN4369.JPG
    DSCN4369.JPG
    301.8 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN4371.JPG
    DSCN4371.JPG
    315.8 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN4375.JPG
    DSCN4375.JPG
    380.4 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN4373.JPG
    DSCN4373.JPG
    368.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Wow that's crazy cool work man, So glad the lathe found a great home and care giver, Couldn't ask for better timing and person to hand it off to. I hope you get good use out of it...

Pm currently has my lathe at their warehouse, they sent me an Email stating after they check and test run it, they will ship it out.. probably mid May, But when it gets here it will live in its crate while I get other Projects get done.

Thanks Mike!

It sure is nice the way you put this on casters, I can just flip it around with ease to work on one side or the other.:)

Ya well I didn't know when I bought you that lathe, I would also be building you a mobile base as well... Lol lucky you...!

I'll be doing the same for the new lathe that's coming...

Back