Kaka industrial bandsaw

To each their own. However, both of these saws were purchased for 20% to 30% of the cost of the new machine like the one you posted. The bandsaw didn't need any work and even came with a new blade. The Racine saw only needed a good cleaning. I was able to use the funds I saved on other tools and tooling.

I worked in a machine shop for many years. One thing I learned over the years is that NEW doesn't necessarily mean it's GOOD, and GOOD doesn't necessarily mean it has to be NEW.

Last edited:
To each their own. However, both of these saws were purchased for 20% to 30% of the cost of the new machine like the one you posted. The bandsaw didn't need any work and even came with a new blade. The Racine saw only needed a good cleaning. I was able to use the funds I saved on other tools and tooling.
That means nothing to me. If I found one like that I would have bought it. Unfortunately I've only seen used up junk or new prices. You can keep hammering the idea of used or I can just buy new and move on with life.

I agree that cold saws and dry cut saws are great tools, but they are not a band saw. I use my HF saw ($230 when I got it) for big bar stock. It cuts up to 4x6, is quiet, and cuts impressively square. I use the Evo as a chop saw for structural steel stock and aluminum. They're different tools.

I want to machine stuff instead of working my tools. I'm not in the market for used.

While I like working on things and improving them, I agree wholeheartedly in your point of view here.

In my experience with imports, the Taiwan tools are better overall, and don't need fitting and fiddling like the chinese kits. It's worth the small premium. The PM and Jet saws look pretty good to me as far as meeting your goals, and will probably do so right out of the box.

I got a response from Precision Matthew's. The saw is nearly all made in Taiwan. Even the castings. I can pick it up if I want since I'm only 1.5 hours away to save $200. Not a bad deal at all.

I'd be paying a $400 premium for a Taiwanese machine. That isn't terrible.

What size saw are you looking for ? Curious , I'm looking at a Hardinge HLV-H out in Ohio .

I have pretty much the identical bandsaw which I purchased from Enco years ago and was also sold as Vertex, and no doubt a few other other brands. I like the gearbox as opposed to belts, just quicker and easier, and nice to have when going between steel and aluminum (softer materials). They are solid and reasonably well made, cuts well, and repeatable. A few times I have swung them up in the vertical position, but the depth and rigidity is somewhat limited. I did a number of modifications to mine, I have low voltage switches on the top of the lathe, extended the jaws so I can cut closer to the blade, added a second coolant line to flush the chips (I no longer use coolant), added 3 point legs, etc. At the price point and if you can pick it up locally than I would go with the PM-712G over the Jet HBS-812G. Been more complaints about the quality of the Jet machinery more recently, I find they are good, but not the same quality as decades ago.

If you do a lot of miter work, than I would recommend a swivel head, something like the Jet HVBS-710G, but it gets up there in $$.

I didn’t realize you were only wanting a new one. I guess you’ll have to write us a review when you get your new saw.

Back