Kaka industrial bandsaw

Awesome! Congrats on your purchase.
I threw a round piece of 1.25" aluminum into the saw and took a cut. Then advanced the piece a tiny bit and took another cut. It measured with 0.003" all the way around. I did nothing but turn it on.

This might sound silly, but I'm thinking about keeping the old saw for cutting stuff of unknown hardness or welds.

Do you all think a 60 watt bird bath heater would work to keep the coolant tank from freezing?
It would. I used to use a pond heater in a 20 gallon coolant tank for my Tormach to keep it from freezing. I MUCH prefer my current method of heating the whole shop!

Bruce

It would. I used to use a pond heater in a 20 gallon coolant tank for my Tormach to keep it from freezing. I MUCH prefer my current method of heating the whole shop!

Bruce

My saw will be in the unheated garage next to the stock racks. I had my little saw in the shop but the irony of dragging a big piece of steel into the shop to cut it and then carrying the remainder back to the stock rack really hit me. Lol!

I ordered a 60 watt bird bath heater for the coolant tank. At least the tank and pump won't freeze. I will have to figure out something for the lines.

I've gone through two HF saws over the years. The experience hasn't been bad. I just want bigger and better. I want the flood coolant without building on to the saw that is already too small and has some quality issues.

I bought my first HF saw around 1995 and it still runs in my buddies shop. My current saw will get turned into a vertical saw and see many more years of use.
The name says it all!

I doubt if it's a Taiwan machine. If you are going to buy a Chinese saw, I would check with Grizzly, They will have parts available for several years after the sale. And as much crap as people like to say about Grizzly, I have had good experiences with them getting parts to fit other brands of stuff I have had over the years.

Shiraz, The owner of Grizzly is a Long Range competitor and has quite a story of how he started Grizzly Industrial, If you have time, Watch the video he made of how he got his start, It's pretty interesting and inspiring. I feel he's a good guy, And Grizzly Industrial is a pretty good company for affordable equipment and support.

The name says it all!

I doubt if it's a Taiwan machine. If you are going to buy a Chinese saw, I would check with Grizzly, They will have parts available for several years after the sale. And as much crap as people like to say about Grizzly, I have had good experiences with them getting parts to fit other brands of stuff I have had over the years.

Shiraz, The owner of Grizzly is a Long Range competitor and has quite a story of how he started Grizzly Industrial, If you have time, Watch the video he made of how he got his start, It's pretty interesting and inspiring. I feel he's a good guy, And Grizzly Industrial is a pretty good company for affordable equipment and support.
I went Precision Matthew's. Made in Taiwan.

Back