Kitty Control... or How to Herd Cats?

682bear

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I've about had all I can take of my daughter's cat tracking mud and grit all over the hood of my truck...

I've tried the audible alarms... they worked for a while, but now kitty just ignores them.

Lead poisoning isn't an option... (I figured someone would suggest it).

Yesterday morning, I set up a game camera to see if my daughter's cat was the only one involved, or if she has help from the other neighborhood felines. I now have 149 pictures of daughter's kitty tracking mud by herself...

I'm tempted to order this...

Screenshot_20240213_092647_Chrome.jpg

...and mount it on a stand of some sort to guard my hood... one on each truck...

Does anyone have any experience with these sprayers?

Or, does anyone have any better ideas?

Thanks- Bear

We used an old blanket over the hood with a couple of magnets. They are just there because of the warmth and knowing how tech and I get along I’d be the one getting the spritzer from the sprinkler, not the cat.

Goats, so true. Guy I know had his father in law’s bulldozer parked in his yard. He got home from work to find all four of the goats sitting on the hood, and they had eaten the seat down to the metal frame.

Cool idea to squirt the cat with water, not sure you would want or need chemicals on the paint.

Sorry, not to make a joke of your problem. I used to have cats and it is almost impossible to break undesirable habits.

One solution that might work would be to use an electric fencer and wire a grid that you can place on your car hood. I would use a ground plane made of aluminum foil or screen atop some fabric to protect the hood under it with a grid of wires mounted on electric fence insulators above. It shouldn't take too many instances to break the habit.

Cats are stubborn but they learn quickly.. OTOH, we had goats that would check the electric fence wires with their whiskers to see if it was live.

I've about had all I can take of my daughter's cat tracking mud and grit all over the hood of my truck...

I've tried the audible alarms... they worked for a while, but now kitty just ignores them.

Lead poisoning isn't an option... (I figured someone would suggest it).

Yesterday morning, I set up a game camera to see if my daughter's cat was the only one involved, or if she has help from the other neighborhood felines. I now have 149 pictures of daughter's kitty tracking mud by herself...

I'm tempted to order this...

View attachment 478123

...and mount it on a stand of some sort to guard my hood... one on each truck...

Does anyone have any experience with these sprayers?

Or, does anyone have any better ideas?

Thanks- Bear
Hope you have soft water or it will mess up your car’s paint…

But if you get it, be sure to share videos!!

Back