Kitty Control... or How to Herd Cats?

We had a cat that liked to get on to a shelf and would then push the stuff on the shelf off. We bought something similar to the sprinklers but it went on canned air, like you use for cleaning computers. It worked pretty well, cat would approach the shelf and get a blast of air in the face. He lost interest pretty quickly.

I assume you park outside, it would be unusual to see somebody with motion activated sprinklers in the garage...

The attraction to your truck should be obvious, cats like to sit up high where they can see their surroundings. Cars work well for this, with an added benefit that they are usually warmer than the surroundings. Cats are stubborn, and tend to respond better to the carrot vs the stick.

A tall, comfortable kitty perch may prove even more attractive to the cat than your truck.

You need some type of motion sensor plus canned air- is that a thing you can buy?
Or maybe just a piece of carpet- soft side down, scratchy side up

We had a similar problem with a cat jumping up on our dining table. We cured it by putting small pieces of duct tape, sticky side up, here and there on the table. The tape would stick to the paws/body and seemed to annoy the heck out of the cat. After we got our Siamese "trained", she developed an intense dislike of duct tape. We would show her a roll of it and she would flatten her ears and run off.

The advantage of the duct tape is that we didn't have to be around to shoo her off the table. It was just lying in wait.....for a cat.

If you do not find another solution, pain works. When I was commercial fishing my trailer boat they would come, and make tracks, the males would spray in the cab, my solution was a mouse trap. I only had to set it twice, and no problems after that. I did see the cats after, and there were no noticeable injuries.

Lead poisoning is not allowed here in the city.
But live traps baited with tuna fish and a barrel of water have done wonders.

After we got our Siamese "trained"
I didn't know it was possible to "train" a cat.
Long ago we had a Siamese that liked to sit on the top edge of a door, waiting for someone to walk by. Then give them a good swat on the head. Scared the hell out of some people. It didn't scratch the door just jumped to the top like super cat.
Most of our animals have had names. This one was just always called "Damn Cat."

Back