Kitty Control... or How to Herd Cats?

Our cats are trained to not go in the kitchen or the bedroom, they also do not get on any tables or counters. We are down to one now and he is old. I have seen him on my truck but not on the Explorer.

If you can catch it in the act and scold it, that will help but it will take more than once at this point.

We have some cat lovers here which is fine since I love barn cats. But cats are sneaky and vindictive critters. Some how they are always looking for revenge.

I have friends that have cat towers and the cats don't use them.

Remember that house cats love getting up on your tables and counters which many are fine with or think it's cute. Some how forgetting those same feet came from the litter box with all the goodness mixed in making tracks across your food prep surfaces. I know people that claim they clean everything first, but have seen first hand when they haven't on my way out the door.

A tarp with magnetic spots may help.

Remember that house cats love getting up on your tables and counters which many are fine with or think it's cute. Some how forgetting those same feet came from the litter box with all the goodness mixed in making tracks across your food prep surfaces.
Decreased exposure to pathogens is not necessarily a good thing, considering the alarming surge in autoimmune and allergic diseases in affluent countries.

Coffee grounds, cats sense of smell is very keen. Coffee grounds is objectionable to cats except in post # 4
I became perturbed about my cat on the hood and placed two used coffee filters with coffee in strategic locations (trial and error)
I rolled the open edge over and stapled it to keep the contents in. For me they are under the hood but I tried the grill opening first, but he wasn't jumping up from the front so it didn't help much.
They dry out and need to be rewetted every so often.
For me it took almost a year to get my own cat to stop.

Our cats are trained to not go in the kitchen or the bedroom, they also do not get on any tables or counters. We are down to one now and he is old. I have seen him on my truck but not on the Explorer.

If you can catch it in the act and scold it, that will help but it will take more than once at this point.

I can't catch it in the act... she knows she isn't supposed to be up there...

If she hears me coming, she disappears before I can catch her.

-Bear

I didn't know it was possible to "train" a cat.

A lifetime around cats has proven it is possible if you know the "tricks" to use, one of which is Citrus scent.

Every one of our cats were trained. Some after they were adults if they were a rescue, but most were trained from being kittens. Easier than you think too...

Yes, the carrot is better than the stick where cats are concerned.

I've trained our cat. Required equipment: chair, whip, large caliber hand gun. After several months of hard work, I now have her trained to do exactly as she pleases. Mike

Don't you mean she has you trained?? LOL

Overnight trips on my boat with the smell of cat spray in the cab is not tolerable, other options were tried, I de escalated the program from a rat trap to the mouse trap. I never saw scars, or limps, and they stayed off of the boat. Sorry if that bothered some people.

Back