[4]

Let's See Your Tractors

OldMachinist

Bronze
Rest In Peace
I think the tractor hobby requires machining equipment. Unless you have lots of money to pay someone else for parts.

Michaeljp86

Active User
Registered
I think the tractor hobby requires machining equipment. Unless you have lots of money to pay someone else for parts.
Now you know why I bought my lathe, I could of had a lot of other nice machines with the money Ive paid other people. One thing Ive noticed is thats the big difference between being able to save a machine from the scraper or putting more into it then what its worth. We have a trencher that has probably twice into it then what it will ever be worth and we have yet to use it to make any money.

d4xycrq

Active User
Registered
DSC_9948.jpg

centerandtranssectionhungfromhoist.jpg

8nforwallpaper.jpg

AlixCubCadet2.jpg

With all the orchards in the area, Ford tractors are very numerous around here in SE PA. I grew up on a Farmall H, but with the hills here, need a very low wide stance, hence the Fords.

And of course, love Cub Cadets. All narrow frames.

These Fords are addicting - there are three 8Ns, a 851 and a Jubilee sprinkled around the joint. The Jubilee is the worlds ugliest, but best running tractor. That Jube will idle at 250 rpm - one day I'll post a video.

Ray

DSC_9948.jpg

centerandtranssectionhungfromhoist.jpg

8nforwallpaper.jpg

AlixCubCadet2.jpg

Turbinedoctor

Active User
Registered
Yeah, I love those Fords also right along with the Farmalls. A Farmall Super A was the first tractor I ever drove.

That picture of the cadet looks like she needs a racing helment. Looks like it is really moving even though it isn't.

Turbinedoctor

Active User
Registered
I find owning a mill and lathe opened up alot of projects that I didn't want to start cause it would involve buying more parts. But with the equipment I can repair most of what I need.

srgtherasta

Registered
heres my little jd 2130. it was very rough when i got it, have the front half finished but still the cab to sort out. Getting there slowly
2010-11-07 15.16.08.jpg

2010-11-07 15.16.08.jpg

Jim-Iowa

Registered
Here is my Ford 1500, bought in September with 551 hrs on it. It amazes me everytime I get on it. I expect it to help me maintain my 9 acres for many years to come.
1500-5_zpsd99a1927.jpg

1500-5_zpsd99a1927.jpg

Jim-Iowa

Registered
551 hours is barely broken in. Nice tractor!
Yes it being a 1980 model I was skeptical of the hours but after looking at things like the paint barely being worn on the pedals and the diamonds sharp I believe it.
I bought it the last week in september and have put about 60 hours on it and have found no faults. It is 19.9 hp Diesel and rates for the same size implements as an 8N Ford.
Has been averaging around 1/2 gal per hour, so it's cheaper to run than my GT.
Shiftselectors_zps02825ab6.jpg

Shiftselectors_zps02825ab6.jpg

Frank Fox

Registered
Princie 003.JPG:whiteflag:1934 Cat "28" tail seat+ 4- 1936 RD-6 tractors and a 1955 212 Cat road grader and a 1956 Ford-son Major and 1951 Ford 8-N and 2 lawn tractors, and only me to drive them.
Frank

photo.JPG Princie 003.JPG

Michaeljp86

Active User
Registered
I like the caterpillar, I almost bought a D2 once but Im glad I didnt. It needed a lot of work. I would like to find a JD 1010 diesel crawler loader.

dwdw47

Active User
Registered
So far thats the best 1/2 hr I spent looking and dreaming! Thats a lot of use full iron
I want to work on mine, but too much snow!
dwdw47

Turbinedoctor

Active User
Registered
Here is my Ford 1500, bought in September with 551 hrs on it. It amazes me everytime I get on it. I expect it to help me maintain my 9 acres for many years to come.
View attachment 46747
I didn't know there was a 1500. Nice tractor and a great price too. I used to drive an 8600. Wasn't impressed with it, seemed to be under powered for it's size.

You got alot of life left in that one, enjoy it.

macrnr

Active User
Registered
Looking at a new project. This is an old Air Force tractor that looks like it has been rode hard and put away wet. If I can get it for a decent price, away I go.........

tractor.jpg

Michaeljp86

Active User
Registered
Looking at a new project. This is an old Air Force tractor that looks like it has been rode hard and put away wet. If I can get it for a decent price, away I go.........
Looks like a ford 3000, I seen a farmall A that was used to pull army planes around in ww2.

OlCatBob

Active User
Registered
Frank,
I like your 28, don't see any tail seat models here in Tennessee, I think most went to Ca. to work in the groves, orchards and vineyards. You'll have to post a pic or two of your RD6's, if you get a chance.
Bob

peterdiver1

Registered
PICT0035.JPG
My anchor in an otherwise chaotic universe - an L3400 Kubota. It starts, runs, and does what I ask it to (Whether I really meant to perform that particular action or not). In almost eight years, the only unexpected maintenance item was a hydraulic fluid supply line that the Sun rotted. This, of course, meant that a covered area had to be constructed to house the workhorse and sundry other pieces of equipment used on over 4 acres here in North Florida!

PICT0035.JPG

Jim-Iowa

Registered
I only buy machines DOA and rebuid them!
Several others in process but takes several years to rebuild and repair and finally Paint!
I have to say that is one sharp Gehl Skidloader. I've only seen them in IH Red and New Holland Yellow and after 14 yrs of building Farmhand machinery am tired of those colors.
Even after being awy from it 27 yrs?
What paint did you use on it?

PJRitz

Registered
1950 Farmall H and how it is used for metalworking (Moving the 1942 14x54 Hendey lathe bed into the basement through the window)

0615121020.jpg 0615121020a.jpg 0817111336.jpg

Michaeljp86

Active User
Registered
Thats a fancy setup there PJ, Does the farmall run the backhoe fine? I would imagine it has a PTO pump. Looks like the loader was a trip bucket and someone added the hydraulic dump later on.

PJRitz

Registered
Yes, it runs the backhoe just fine, it has a 7ft digging depth and runs off of its own PTO pump, I did however break the tractor in half one day while digging with the hoe, broke the bell housing right in front of the transmission, I blame it on the fact that 3 of the 6 bell housing to transmission bolts were loose but added some 1"x4" steel bars from the bottom of the 3 point hitch to the engine to prevent it from happening again.

Yes it was a trip bucket, I added the hydraulic dump and 3 point hitch, the tractor has been in the family since the 60's.

macrnr

Active User
Registered
1950 Farmall H and how it is used for metalworking (Moving the 1942 14x54 Hendey lathe bed into the basement through the window)
That's how I moved my lathe. Tractors are nice nice to have around.

IMG_1141.JPG

Michaeljp86

Active User
Registered
Yes, it runs the backhoe just fine, it has a 7ft digging depth and runs off of its own PTO pump, I did however break the tractor in half one day while digging with the hoe, broke the bell housing right in front of the transmission, I blame it on the fact that 3 of the 6 bell housing to transmission bolts were loose but added some 1"x4" steel bars from the bottom of the 3 point hitch to the engine to prevent it from happening again.
I bet that was scary

That's how I moved my lathe. Tractors are nice nice to have around.
I scooped mine up with a loader tractor too, thats about the only way to move it.

[5] [7]