[Newbie] LMS 5100/7350 vs. Grizzly G0602

That is not a bad beginners lathe.
I hope so. I need to turn aluminum so I know it’s up to that, but I’m also wanting to make some tools from steel. I know I see it doing that on YouTube so I think it I’ll be ok. In the end I wanted to be able to buy a small mill in the next year and I wouldn’t have been able to afford that with a PM lathe. The PM lathe makes me drool though. Lol

It will handle steel, just not as fast as a heavier lathe.

monday morning I ordered a 7350 with few extras, also ordered up a macpod tach kit.. I installed one on my LMS 3990 mill,, easy to install, works great, much better price!!!

monday morning I ordered a 7350 with few extras, also ordered up a macpod tach kit.. I installed one on my LMS 3990 mill,, easy to install, works great, much better price!!!
I would have liked to have had the metal hand wheels of the 7350. I have a 250 QCTP that will go on it immediately. I’m almost looking forward to building the DRO as much as the machine. My soldering tools have been setting for a couple of years now. I’ve not yet found the schematics for a tach sensor on TouchDRO. I’ll look at the macpod one. The one on LMS is just too expensive for my likes.

I would have liked to have had the metal hand wheels of the 7350. I have a 250 QCTP that will go on it immediately. I’m almost looking forward to building the DRO as much as the machine. My soldering tools have been setting for a couple of years now. I’ve not yet found the schematics for a tach sensor on TouchDRO. I’ll look at the macpod one. The one on LMS is just too expensive for my likes.
Also, where you able to get a

Also, we’re you able to get a MT3 dead center? LMS doesn’t have any in stock. I think I’ll need one for the head to see if the tailstock and head are aligned by bringing two dead centers together? I see a few on eBay but they look like they will drop ship from China. China is about to shut down for a month with lunar new year.

Also, we’re you able to get a MT3 dead center? LMS doesn’t have any in stock. I think I’ll need one for the head to see if the tailstock and head are aligned by bringing two dead centers together? I see a few on eBay but they look like they will drop ship from China. China is about to shut down for a month with lunar new year.
There are some MT3 dead center in the classified ads right now.

Is there a classified ads on here? I don’t see them. Probably right under my nose.

Back