MAYBE JB???

Do you have a mill? I see a couple of ways you might be able to mechanically repair it. Machined strap over the top fastened to both sides or if there is enough material on either side of the acme screw a couple of vertical countersunk screws into the lower portion. Need more pics and would be better to remove it and decide. JB ain't gonna do it for long. I think it can be repaired.

Another very helpful link. Thanx again
Keep the parts list handy... great way to figure out how things go together or to see how best to take the apart.

Or you can always see it online and order directly from there...

I'm a bit overly cautious so I'd make one using the replacement part as a template. Then, if the replacement breaks (because of pot metal, dropping, etc) you've got a spare in the drawer ready to go.

Seems like it might be a prudent move if that's a known weak spot on those mills......

I'm a bit overly cautious so I'd make one using the replacement part as a template. Then, if the replacement breaks (because of pot metal, dropping, etc) you've got a spare in the drawer ready to go.

Seems like it might be a prudent move if that's a known weak spot on those mills......
True, but one of the reviews for the new part states that is is not a pot metal replacement. Seems the replacement part is of better quality...

Upgraded replacement part​

02/24/2022 10:28 PM
I have this same lathe but in a different color. (Another brand same exact tool) The bracket for the cross slide on mine broke. It was made of crapy thin pot/white metal. I ordered the replacement from grizzly because the have parts easily available. When I received the new part, I was very happy. It is not made of the same crapy light metal. The replacement from grizzly is solid machined steel. If my original was this nice, I don't think I would have broke it.

JB Weld might work on it if you could get a pin in to strengthen it. Of course with a new one available, that's the obvious route to go, but if you run into a similar problem that's not so easily solved, that technique might come in handy. Take care.

AFTER I SENT INFO AND A PIC HERES REPLY FROM GRIZZLY>>>>>>>>>>>>>We are unable to determine if our parts would fit your needs as we have no cross-references to other manufacturers’ machines or CAD drawings for each replacement part. While we are flattered that many other manufacturers refer their customers to Grizzly for parts, our goal is to try and have a ready supply for Grizzly brand machines. We also cannot measure parts to see if they will fit other brands. A 10% restocking fee may apply for returned parts.

Back