Monarch lathe

I would like to have a small 10” lathe just for doing little stuff so I don’t have to chuck up a smaller chuck that is what I normally do now .I also have a big 16”or 18” faceplate and two smaller 3 jaw chucks one only has outside jaws .I need to find another set of jaws for that one and the other small one the jaws are bell mouthed so I need to grind them .And then I have a 15” 3 jaw chuck too it’s on my 16 CY and then my 16X30 has a 10” -6-jaw buck chuck adjust a true and I have two sets of jaws for that one
I have a 10EE that I hope to eventually get running at the small end. It's going to take quite a bit more work and has gone on the back burner while I work on a new shop. A good collection of chucks is something I'm working on, the auction find of three 6-jaw chucks was a good step. At least my CK and 612 use the same mount.

A buddy of mine just bought is retirement property in ID. His run to the building site is 650+ yards. The utility company will only allow high voltage from the pole to be run that distance, too much line loss. So he will end up with a transformer at the site to drop it down. That seems as though would make for a perfect situation to pull power to run a larger lathe.

I was thinking how nice that would be for my future shop. He indicated that the savings in wire size for the 650 yard run would just about cover the transformer so almost a wash. The problem is that, at least from my experience, the high voltage will have to enter an underground vault before entering the transformer. I am going on what it took to get the power to my business where I was pulling 1500 amps. Not sure if it was the high voltage or the high amperage that demanded the vault.

I have a 10EE that I hope to eventually get running at the small end. It's going to take quite a bit more work and has gone on the back burner while I work on a new shop. A good collection of chucks is something I'm working on, the auction find of three 6-jaw chucks was a good step. At least my CK and 612 use the same mount.
Yes you made out very well with all them 6-jaw chucks !!! And here I saw this today it’s 18” with the T-Slots and reasonably priced

Attachments

• C52959FA-69C9-475A-A451-BE7C49CD099B.png
    C52959FA-69C9-475A-A451-BE7C49CD099B.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 25
And a Monarch 10EE is right what I would like to have at some point and I know where one is but the owner doesn’t want to sell YET and I think it needs a little bit of work so time will tell on that one

Yes you made out very well with all them 6-jaw chucks !!! And here I saw this today it’s 18” with the T-Slots and reasonably priced
Thanks, I’ll look into that.

Thanks, I’ll look into that.
Lost Creek Machine they got my Money over the years But they have some really good deals and if you wait till around Christmas they have a sale on everything you have to get on there email list and you will get all the info on new arrivals and discount on stuff

Lost Creek Machine they got my Money over the years But they have some really good deals and if you wait till around Christmas they have a sale on everything you have to get on there email list and you will get all the info on new arrivals and discount on stuff
Ordered that chuck, freight delivery. 10% holiday sales credit applied. Good place to deal with. They said they don't sell much of that size.

Well here it is Christmas came early for me I made the trail safe and sound with the new lathe it’s in really good shape and in the one pic you can still see some of the original scraping pattern I think .I just need to get it cleaned up this week and I’m going to move stuff around in my shop and get this one in there I stopped twice on the way back one for fuel and the other to check the tie downs and both times had people walk up and complement me on the old iron !!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
Back