More of the white death on its way .

Just ducked outside for a peek . Not snowing at the moment but it looks to be starting up around 6.30 again .

We got hit hard up here last week and very little now now you are getting a lot the storm wants to ruin everyone’s plans

You guys live in part of the country that have tough winters.
We are very fortunate out here in California.
Lots of whack jobs but the weather is nice.

Here in the Portland (Oregon) area, we rarely get snow. Therefore all it takes is one snow flake to be seen in the metro area and traffic seizes up because everyone freaks out.

I've done a lot of snow skiing so I know how to drive in the stuff, but when 99.9% of the drivers around you have been reduced to idiocy by sighting that one flake, it's best to hide out until the mayhem has died down some. And that may happen soon....a lobe of that super-cold air is coming our way.

Hard to believe but 6 years ago, right about this time of this month, I was painting a Cub, outside, in Iowa and it was about 70 degrees!!

Here in the Portland (Oregon) area, we rarely get snow. Therefore all it takes is one snow flake to be seen in the metro area and traffic seizes up because everyone freaks out.

I've done a lot of snow skiing so I know how to drive in the stuff, but when 99.9% of the drivers around you have been reduced to idiocy by sighting that one flake, it's best to hide out until the mayhem has died down some. And that may happen soon....a lobe of that super-cold air is coming our way.
I shouldn't say this but every time we are in downtown Portland, there must be a snow flake somewhere because everything seems to come to a halt, doesn't matter what time of year.

Just cold rain right now here.

It warmed up a here. It's 22F.
Got maybe 3-4" of white death on the ground. I think we're expecting more, but not sure. No big deal, I've struggled through 4' drifts delivering food during the "78" blizzard

In 1974-75, I took a motorcycle road test in Salt Lake City on December 26th. There was 8 inches on the ground and more on the way. I've seen enough cold and snow to last the rest of my life, what there is of it. (I'm 70 now) In the end, I settled in the deep south (Birmingham) because it so rarely snows here. BTW, it's 65F as I write this at 7:45PM.

You suck, send some of that sun and 65f here....

In 1974-75, I took a motorcycle road test in Salt Lake City on December 26th. There was 8 inches on the ground and more on the way. I've seen enough cold and snow to last the rest of my life, what there is of it. (I'm 70 now) In the end, I settled in the deep south (Birmingham) because it so rarely snows here. BTW, it's 65F as I write this at 7:45PM.

Oh shut up!! :grin:

Back