Music to machine by .

legally deaf now, music is nothing more than noise, sometimes speech is too, you have to talk slow and distinct for me to understand, plus you have to be looking at me when you talk too, i watch tv with the CC on
Well, I'm sorry about that!

My wife turns on CC when I ask her to turn the volume up. She gets mad that I make her repeat herself when I'm cooking because I cant hear through the (fairly quiet) range fan. My life once consisted of nothing but trucks and machinery, but nothing too extreme, just lots of intermittent and impact noise. I waited too long to start carrying hearing protection. I think I was 23 when I caught on, but the damage was done.

That's why I counter it with heavy metal. I've got a system for that. A sound system, that is! I feed raw steel through a calibrated EQ and a BBE expander to a rackmount power amp running four Klipsch full-range speakers and two separate subwoofers so that I may indeed tear the roof off the mother.

...As in the mother ship, if'n I'm making my funk the P-funk. I take a break from metal to get funked up. Which leads to Infectious Grooves, which leads back to metal. It's a vicious cycle.

In reality, I have that sound system in the shop so that I can listen at healthy levels. Good gear dialed in the way I like it to sound works even better than cranking it up.

My wife turns on CC when I ask her to turn the volume up. She gets mad that I make her repeat herself when I'm cooking because I cant hear through the (fairly quiet) range fan. My life once consisted of nothing but trucks and machinery, but nothing too extreme, just lots of intermittent and impact noise. I waited too long to start carrying hearing protection. I think I was 23 when I caught on, but the damage was done.

That's why I counter it with heavy metal. I've got a system for that. A sound system, that is! I feed raw steel through a calibrated EQ and a BBE expander to a rackmount power amp running four Klipsch full-range speakers and two separate subwoofers so that I may indeed tear the roof off the mother.

...As in the mother ship, if'n I'm making my funk the P-funk. I take a break from metal to get funked up. Which leads to Infectious Grooves, which leads back to metal. It's a vicious cycle.

In reality, I have that sound system in the shop so that I can listen at healthy levels. Good gear dialed in the way I like it to sound works even better than cranking it up.
Sarsippius!

I suffer some hearing loss, with tinnitus to go along with it. Four tones going all the time. Lots of loud music and working in factories now for 25 years. Protect your hearing young ones...tinnitus is no joke. The overstimulation can be overwhelming sometimes. I have found, oddly, that meditation can help.

I have to listen at lower levels too, I can't stop - it's the plague that makes the booty move!

I thought it was a hell of a long shot to post the Infecto Groovalistico (high-bread, high-octane, non-corporate jams) on this forum, but it appears there are indeed some cultured tastes here to appreciate it! Had that on cassette, wore it out as cassettes did, got it on CD, ripped it to MP3, and dang if it isn't still on the playlist today.

And it's Aladdin Sarsippius Sumar Menagic Jackson the T'ird! Say it right, say it with pleasure!

I literally listen to anything from classical to Rob Zombie, except for R&B and any rap after about '95.
I've been on a Coulter Wall and Home Free kick just lately.

One of my first real professional design job was in an office that did no allow ANY music. At first it was quite an adjustment but after several months I got used to it. Ever since, I prefer working in the shop without any background music. I Still enjoy listening to music but not while I am concentrating. Since that job, I find music too big of a distraction when I need to concentrate.

Wife is absolutely hateful about it, but Stones, heavy metal. Some country occasionally. My sons do not understand why the old man enjoys "5 Finger Death Punch." I let them scratch their heads.

Back