Music to machine by .

So much hearing loss, music is just noise unless there is NO other noise and I can concentrate. :apologize:

On those rare occasions when I do want to try and listen to music, it's usually classical these days.

I just LOVE the looks I get, riding around in my 4WD truck with my MAGA hat on, listening to Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor with the CD player cranked...

Classical!

And by that I mean stuff like Jimi Hendrix, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Creedence, George Thorogood, Talking Heads, Temptations, Santana, Dire Straights, Poco, Led Zeppelin, Tom Petty, Tears for Fears, Eagles, Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, Al Green, The Police, The Pretenders, Neil Young, Rare Earth, The Supremes, The Righteous Brothers, The Band, Tina Turner, CSNY, Vanilla Fudge...........

Although, yesterday I was hooked on Jerry Jeff Walker all day. Viva Terlingua!

Now playing? The Easy All Stars version of Dark Side of the Moon.

When we moved into this house 8 years ago the first thing that was set up was the shop stereo so I could listen to tunes while setting up the machines. Second was the house stereo so my wife and the moving company guys could listen to tunes while setting up the furniture.

Hey, a guy has to have priorities!

-MetaKey
+1, and don't forget Otis Redding, BB king, but definitely not Cher.

Sam Cooke, Joe Cocker, Bob Dylan, Roberta Flack.
The Manhattans - Kiss and say Goodbye.

Serious machinists listen to "Heavy Metal".......:cool:

sorry, I couldn't resist.......

Really? When I'm Feeding and Speeding heavy metal, this could typify one few might know. I've taken liberties with the phrasing, as a lure. A better surprise that way.

....I can move Alaska all the way to Beirut, a beeline from here to Peru, the Rocky Mountains into the sea
You know heavy metal don't mean rock and roll to me....

Guy Clark

Standing at a 48" Monarch's headstock, or a 12' Niles, is a way to comprehend.

When I machine, I crave a motivating atmosphere. Hard to beat streaming services, but none better than grooveshark WAS.
I recommend avoidance of the variety that feeds you. That's a commercial aspect, unattractive feature said politely.
Use one where you conduct the searches, but can venture off track frequently. My motto says, learn more wandering than searching.
Yup. Longer Than You've been Alive [oh my, another title!]

I'd be happy to relay my user name for Spotify to other subscribers, via PM.

Dude....that's pretty deep. I can't say I understood one word. When I said that serious machinist's listen to heavy metal, it was meant to be tongue in cheek. In reality I couldn't listen to that crap for 10 seconds before I get a headache.

The hard thumping pulse of the air compressor, the high pitch of the tool on hard steel, the whirling tones of gears and belts a flapping.

Most of the time it is blues but from time to time bagpipes can be heard leaking through the mist of the oil burning.

Dude....that's pretty deep. I can't say I understood one word. When I said that serious machinist's listen to heavy metal, it was meant to be tongue in cheek. In reality I couldn't listen to that crap for 10 seconds before I get a headache.
Understood precisely. But I'm a pushy ol' codger. . .

Somehow I end up with Billboard 100 from the 60s through the 80s. Installed them on my phone and played on the bluetooth box.

Back