Must Have Mill Machine Accessories For A Beginner?

I think I want to do this. Where did you get the tablet for 40 with the software loaded

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Here is the list now with links to where I got them from... should have done that from the get go, sorry...

Arduino UNO R3 board with DIP ATmega328P
Sparkfun 500 1/4W Resistor Kit
Wall Adapter Power Supply - 9V DC 650mA
KEDSUM® Arduino Wireless Bluetooth Transceiver Module Slave 4Pin Serial + DuPont Cable
Arduino Proto Shield R3
Alldaymall A88X 7'' inch Quad Core Google Android 4.4 KitKat Tablet
Adafruit USB Mini-B Breakout Boards

Software for the tablet is a free app you download... TouchDRO

Everything is described in detail on Yuriy's page:

http://www.yuriystoys.com/2014/07/anrdoid-dro-step-by-step.html

979ad559-6dc0-4f15-8971-d5a172c30b35_zpscqnpkq98.jpg

And if you have access to a 3D printer... this link has the files for the housing that can accommodate all this in style, ;) ...

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:585501

IMG_3173_preview_featured.JPG

IMG_3189_preview_featured.JPG

Last edited:
The machine came with a chuck (Drill chuck 3–16mm with B16 taper/Drill chuck arbor B16 x R8). But I do want to get a keyless chuck. Accepting brand recommendations... might as well get a good one (but one that will not break the bank please! :) )

+1 on buying a new Jacbos drill chuck. I have a G0704, and the included drill chuck has a lot of runout. a better drill chuck will be more accurate.

You won't get quite the same amount of clamping pressure with a keyless chuck vs a Jacobs chuck. And it might take up more of your Z axis- the G0704 has precious little Z Axis to begin with.

You're collecting a lot of good tooling early on. Kudos! I'm jealous. :) Definitely going to try building that wireless DRO, it's been on my lust list for a while now.

Last few tools came in... and the vise gets here on Monday... and I am done for now.

f9eeec81-c1c0-4d0a-ba58-b3cd82b0459d_zpspgljkaes.jpg

image.jpg

I said that a year ago, and this is ONE of the items UPS delivered this week.

Very nice Brooks!

I got the toolbox home... went with the HF. Better price and available locally. Costco did not have it locally so it would have been an additional 99.00 for shipping. Plus the lower two drawers on the one from Costco, I did not like that they were not split... too much weight and those would have been a pita to open...

60e2126f-6d44-47ca-84cb-eb4210737e06_zps09ckhyan.jpg

f22d84f1-7551-4acd-b22b-724174ab9371_zpskz1uudje.jpg

I have that same box, great value. I like it much better than my older Craftsman. I did have to add a spacer under one of the casters to get the box level but it was an easy mod.

I haven't even started buying tools/accessories yet... using the information here to make a list. Is the Harbor Freight tool chest above large enough to store everything you need for a mill?

Back