My Logan 820 Lathe Journey

I waste so much time assembling parts only to look at them in place… I confess to sitting and staring into projects and just daydreaming…

Anyway, all this needs to come out to recondition… motor, pulley, etc.

9C3FC1A1-F37F-45AA-8CAF-D516D6ABD6A6.jpeg
F80E0689-EEA7-43EE-86D8-B2BB4D2AF2F5.jpeg
2E612364-C827-4ADC-A73E-F6B094F50114.jpeg

Getting there...

IMG_7204 (1).jpeg

Last edited:
Old lamp arrived... could not resist installing right away. Installed one of those rubber LED light bulbs that look old school but are shock resistant...

I will remove to paint to match... but man! I like it!!

Paint on the motor housing/mount is not even dry and I am installing stuff on it :D... I feel like a frigging little kid...

View attachment 415358

View attachment 415359
View attachment 415360
View attachment 415361

Mounted using existing threaded holes in the motor mount/housing

View attachment 415362

This is looking fantastic - great job!

(Love the Porsche in the background - what’s the story on that?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered a new plate... The before photo is deceiving... you can't see anything under normal light... reason why I ordered a new one...

View attachment 415332
View attachment 415333

I went ahead and took the time to lightly sand, with 2000 sandpaper, the original one... Much better. I can definitely see it now clearly. So I can reuse if needed...

View attachment 415334

I can’t remember where I saw it, but I saw someone fix uo their data plate by spraying the whole thing with black paint and then sanding over the top to reveal the numbers in their brass colour. As the number are slightly raised they sand down without hitting the black paint underneath (Does that make sense?)

I can’t remember where I saw it, but I saw someone fix uo their data plate by spraying the whole thing with black paint and then sanding over the top to reveal the numbers in their brass colour. As the number are slightly raised they sand down without hitting the black paint underneath (Does that make sense?)

That is what I did minus painting.... the only painted area needing attention is the red one... but I will leave it alone... as mentioned, the enemy of good is better... not going to risk to mess it up...

I’ve just re-read this thread and might have missed it, but did you say what the colour was? I may be wanting a new colour for my lathe :) I’m not sure I’m feeling the green I chose for my lathe.

I’ve just re-read this thread and might have missed it, but did you say what the colour was? I may be wanting a new colour for my lathe :) I’m not sure I’m feeling the green I chose for my lathe.

Here you go: Krylon Anvil Gray

Spray Paint.jpg

I bought it both in spray cans and a quart... thinking both would match... but the one in the can is a slightly different shade... So I have be stuck using the spray for everything. Makes it a challenge in some tight spaces... So I would spray into a brush to then reach those areas and avoid having different shades of Anvil Gray in the lathe. I hope that makes sense...

Back