My New 1340GT

Groups are not available yet but it's on the list to do.

Groups are not available yet but it's on the list to do.

THX...

Figured it would be a cool group... since a lot of us have purchased the combo.

Will check back in a while.

John

Awesome.

Make sure you read the manual. My Bison 5C chuck has a grease nipple.... and the directions tell you to oil it. You have to modify a grease gun or buy a speciality pressurized oiler.

I am going to try using this one, and will let you all know if it works:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E1JBS1Q/

I bet you the PBA is the same way.

FYI, the PBA manual recommends using their lubricant only of course, but it is grease. PB160Z. Comes in a tube that fits standard grease guns. Just ordered some from Griz. :)

As of this morning, the lathe was off-loaded somewhere here in Denver (about 30 miles away). Will probably take a few days for them to notify the local delivery CO, lay out a delivery route, call and schedule a delivery date and time, and whatever else they need to do. I may see it by the end of the week. But hey, at least it's in the neighborhood! :)

Bill you are being incredibly patient. I am getting antsy waiting to see your usually stellar set up threads on the new lathe. Hang in there brother!

Bill you are being incredibly patient. I am getting antsy waiting to see your usually stellar set up threads on the new lathe. Hang in there brother!

I'm not being patient, I'm just a realist. And I realize that there isn't anything I can do except sit on my hands and say Bad Words at Roadrunner Trucking and whomever else has held this thing up. ;)

As for a setup thread: Because this setup involves lots of pieces, e.g., set up stand and lathe, motor change, install VFD, rewire machine, install DRO etc., that what I'm thinking is that this will take many weekends to complete. So I will take lots of pics of the progress and then when I've got the big stuff done I will then start a thread. Otherwise there could be days (weeks?) between significant updates and that's no fun at all to follow. Or maybe I'll start a little earlier like when I have the machine up on the stand and start the rewiring/VFD install. We'll see. :)

I'm not being patient, I'm just a realist. And I realize that there isn't anything I can do except sit on my hands and say Bad Words at Roadrunner Trucking and whomever else has held this thing up. ;)

As for a setup thread: Because this setup involves lots of pieces, e.g., set up stand and lathe, motor change, install VFD, rewire machine, install DRO etc., that what I'm thinking is that this will take many weekends to complete. So I will take lots of pics of the progress and then when I've got the big stuff done I will then start a thread. Otherwise there could be days (weeks?) between significant updates and that's no fun at all to follow. Or maybe I'll start a little earlier like when I have the machine up on the stand and start the rewiring/VFD install. We'll see. :)

Agree with you Bill on the set up thread. I just completed the first coat of paint on the stand... all cut out, welded, ground, etc. When the lathe is on the stand... will start a thread and start posting. I need to get my ducks in a row on the wiring... :)

Take your time Bill, savor it no need to be in a rush. I see so many people rushing these days, instead why not take it slow and enjoy it.

Take your time Bill, savor it no need to be in a rush. I see so many people rushing these days, instead why not take it slow and enjoy it.
Excellent advice! I spent two months setting up my mill. I took most of it apart to learn how it worked. I find it very relaxing. I can spend hours messing around in the shop, with little to show for my efforts except greasy fingers. Of course I am really new to all of this stuff.

It seems I am taking this approach... by default. Soo many things getting in the way... so little time... :dunno:

Hope to at least have it on the stand by the weekend, and maybe cleaned up... just the elec to go.

Decided to add a 'crane' arm to the stand... easier to describe with pictures than words... probably in a week I will have some pics.

Back