My New 1340GT

I think your right maybe he should cancel and get a 14x40!

I have a host of friends... ;)

EDIT: Just checked and RoadRunner has my lathe on it's way to Denver. :cheerful:

Last edited:
So the PBA showed up and I thought I'd post a quick pic.

DSCN4310.jpg

That's quite the big boy. And I've never seen a grease fitting on a chuck before, but then I've never owned a Pratt before.

DSCN4311.jpg

Stuck the t-handle in and gave it a couple of turns. Wow. Very smooth, almost like a hydraulic dampened mechanism. Not used to this high-end stuff. Oh, and those ground surfaces on the jaws? Razor sharp. Need to be careful around these.

Awesome.

Make sure you read the manual. My Bison 5C chuck has a grease nipple.... and the directions tell you to oil it. You have to modify a grease gun or buy a speciality pressurized oiler.

I am going to try using this one, and will let you all know if it works:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E1JBS1Q/

I bet you the PBA is the same way.

So the PBA showed up

That's a very nice chuck, congrats! As I have said before, Pratt Burnerd is my top favorite choice, too bad I couldn't afford one at the time. :(

Marcus...

Sorry your ways are damaged... I would bring that to Matt's attention... and as noted get a few freebees from him.
Also... it will let Matt know he needs to keep a tighter leash on the guys in the shop.

Next time I talk to Matt, I am gonna rib him about the cabinets being painted dark grey... they should be 'Precision Matthews blue'... :grin:

THX Bill...

My shop colors are Rustoleum Royal Blue and Almond White... both oil base, applied with a brush.

I am gonna start a thread titled:

PM935/1340 owners questions/issues

Since some of us have purchased that combo of machines, I am thinking to make the thread a place to go and look for solutions to issues.

Of course the thread is open to all PM owners... just thought it would be a good place for specific to model issues.

BTW: MODS... where do I go to start a group for the same?
THX

Back