My son asked to borrow a tool

Whenever my son borrows my tools to work on his cars, which is VERY often, he doesn't leave the property with them. He uses them at MY house.

Now if only I could get him to take his cars home, that'd be nice.

Whenever my son borrows my tools to work on his cars, which is VERY often, he doesn't leave the property with them. He uses them at MY house.

Now if only I could get him to take his cars home, that'd be nice.

But then he wouldn't have the advantage of your advice, and possibly the meal shared with you and yours.
Savor these moments, time is shorter than you think....

John

Be even nicer if they put things back where they actually belong so we know where they are when we need them ...

I remember my dad complaining about this. I have the workbench he built and his toolbox now, I don't have him anymore though:(
What he taught me can't be measured in money, or time looking for tools....

John

Be even nicer if they put things back where they actually belong so we know where they are when we need them ...
My wife borrowed one of my diagonal pliers to cut some wire reinforced nursery bindings. I found them last night next to one of the planters in the back yard. Rust had set in and there was bits of dirt/mud.
I politely reminded her, we put things away when we are finished with them.
She apologized several times. She just couldn't believe how she could possibly have neglected my tool.
Wait, this is a family forum. Just stop it! :)

I may have a problem.
My son is no flake, he is very frugal. Some would call him cheap.
I could not be more proud of my youngest son. He is a credentialed teacher that works for a local school district. He just completed the Master’s program at Chico State.
He asked to borrow a crescent wrench. I said, just pick one and keep it. Then, I panicked.
I went through my crescent wrenches carefully and gave him one, 8”, made in Spain.
I am very proud of my new tool collection.
I have a few classics left.
2 12” Craftsman /Crestoloy
A 15” Diamond Horsehoe
An 8” Craftsman and a 6” Armstrong
Am I a bad Father?
Not a bad dad at all. He should be VERY appreciative. My kids are always asking what I want for my Birthday, Christmas or Father's Day. You've just immensely helped out your son in that regard. Ask him for an 8" crescent wrench from Spain for this Father's Day!

Bruce

Back