Need help converting Bridgeport Zerks to One-Shot-Oiler

The fittings with the ferrules are called " polyflow " fittings FWIW . They are good but in tight spaces where a wrench won't fit they are a ***** to remove .

Probably an intentional undersize thread. That'll allow a M6X1m thread. That'll fully screw into a straight threaded hole, or a tapered hole. Both are out there. Don't get too hung up on "exact" thread forms on things like this. There are usually some liberties taken to make the whole thing fit into a larger subsystem within the various systems of threads.

Jake, this was a great and lengthy reply. Thanks so much!

Don't concern yourself about the reasoning behind the specification for 1/8" pipe thread. Just get fittings that have 1/8" male pipe threads so that they will match the holes Bridgeport tapped. If you want to hide the tubing, some new holes will need to be drilled and tapped. The old holes on the front of the saddle can be plugged with hollow head pipe plugs if you go that route.
Provincial, thanks so much for your extended reply! I appreciate it.

I don't care for push loc fittings as they seem to leak down the road.
Check out HIGH QUALITY TOOLS, They use to offer a kit with the correct meters and fittings for the conversion.
Sizing the meters is critical.
I use plastic or copper tube either 4mm or 5/32. There are different ferrules for plastic vs metal and there is a small metal tube that goes in the ID of the plastic tube when using a compression fitting.
High Quality Tools have been involved with Bridgeport products for over 50 years and Servo power feeds were developed and are serviced by the spin off division now in the back of the building.
Parts and service are available for the servo power feeds.
A few buildings down is another of their spin off companies that makes Bridgeport replacement parts sold by most of the Bridgeport parts and service companies.

I don't care for push loc fittings as they seem to leak down the road.
:grin: If they didn't leak air , I would be out of a job . Oh wait , I am anyway now . :encourage:

NO, I thought you were trying to level your lathe this weekend... again lol
You know me all too well , and I'll start at 6 pm with the lathe leveling . :grin:

I need to stop by the store for more leveling fluid, some how I ran out !?!

These pages interchange three of the most commonly used manufactures components.
It is NOT a complete list of everything offered by anyone and is probably a few years old.

CAUTION, machinery of all types CAN BE HABIT FORMING.
Please Use at Your Own Risk.16882410125055799237815179858814.jpg16882410422292053577805668375639.jpg16882410765826952744201207650966.jpg

Back