[How do I?] Need some help reversing a motor

Disregard post #30 I couldn't edit it
1) Separate the blue and the two browns, label the browns A and B. Disconnect the stator completely from the caps and other goodies
2) Take measurements between all the stator wires except blue with respect to each other, make sure your meter gives a solid zero ohms when you short the leads
3) Tell me or show me the results, like the drawing above in #29, with the values added between the wires

once we have a clear mental picture of the winding configuration we can get somewhere

Last edited:
I’m going to sit down with it tonight and attempt to pull the winding ends out further to make us a better picture of what is going on. Worse case I damage the windings in doing so but maybe we can learn to speak some French along the way. Whatever insulation I need to cut I should be able to replace with heat shrink

OK understood. Vive la France! (not)
Yes, be gentle with the magnet wire
If we find the start winding is tied deep inside we're dead in the water, but try to meter it out anyhow, let's see what we've got
I'm going to make another quick sketch, you verify/correct it as best you can

Last edited:
IMG_4439.JPG

IMG_4440.JPG

IMG_4441.JPG

Not that these pics will tell the story here, but I did manage to pull some more of the winding ends out, the green is buried pretty good and I don’t want to pull any more unless necessary. Working on some readings for you now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Touching my tester leads together on setting 200
3520cd1b501ebe9b5af69022e7c4141b.jpg

For these tests I’ve joined the 2 blue wires back together (as it was from oem)

Blue to browns: 1.5
Blue to white: 2.5
Blue to green: 1.5
Green to white: 3.8
Green to browns: OC

Also, this was with the stator removed, absolutely nothing extra connected

Had another thought. Maybe when I separated the blue wires I split the wrong winding end from the 3 pair connected to it

Back