New EMCO Maximat V10 and Mystery Box of Accessories!

She's a beaut! You really stole it!

The fault you describe on your milling attachment sounds like a run capacitor. I haven't encountered big ones like the Bosch units pictured, but I don't think you'll be down for very long.

She's a beaut! You really stole it!

The fault you describe on your milling attachment sounds like a run capacitor. I haven't encountered big ones like the Bosch units pictured, but I don't think you'll be down for very long.
Just pulled the capacitor and checked it on my multimeter. It's reading the correct capacitance. This part is so cheap though I think its still worth picking up a new one.

Just pulled the capacitor and checked it on my multimeter. It's reading the correct capacitance. This part is so cheap though I think its still worth picking up a new one.
Might be worth your while to spray some contact cleaner inside those plunger switches, sometimes they can build up a bit of schmoo and pass limited current. Wiggle all the spade connectors to clean up the contact there, too. It looks like a fairly straightforward arrangement.

Might be worth your while to spray some contact cleaner inside those plunger switches, sometimes they can build up a bit of schmoo and pass limited current. Wiggle all the spade connectors to clean up the contact there, too. It looks like a fairly straightforward arrangement.
A final follow-up on the issue. @pontiac428 you were right about the electrical contacts in the plunger switch block. They were gunky and corroded and making poor contact. I fixed this and had full power back from the motor. However the two higher gear speeds were still not working. The motor was spinning but the spindle was not. Took the gear box apart again and found a fiber gear that had spun on its splines. I love simultaneous independent failures....

A final follow-up on the issue. @pontiac428 you were right about the electrical contacts in the plunger switch block. They were gunky and corroded and making poor contact. I fixed this and had full power back from the motor. However the two higher gear speeds were still not working. The motor was spinning but the spindle was not. Took the gear box apart again and found a fiber gear that had spun on its splines. I love simultaneous independent failures....
Sometimes, it's just that simple. Years as a mechanic taught me what to look for and how to be the right kind of lazy.

Fiber or engineered plastic gears are there for good reason, to act as a mechanical fuse. The butter-side-up is that EMCO is still around and spares can be obtained (as far as I know) without resorting to making one yourself.

Back